Catering Lead Location:
Dining & Conference Services Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Staff Posting Details Appointment:
regular, part-time (.75FTE) Position Summary:
The duty of a Catering Lead is to oversee catering staff and provide staffing, service and cleanup of all catering services. Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervises setup, services, staffing and cleanup of all catering services.
- Interviews, trains, assigns and provide performance feedback of catering service staff including students.
- Supports staff-centered team process to meet the objectives of the department.
- Supervises service floor during catered functions to interact with customers as front line contact.
- Prepares and maintains staffing assignments.
- Responds to operational concerns and/or suggestions from customers.
- Works with Director of Event and Catering Services, Scheduling and Events Manager, and the Catering Coordinator to plan and implement functions and special events.
- Performs inventory of catering supplies to plan and implement functions and special events.
- Performs inventory of catering supplies and reporting needs to the management team.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Works closely with staff to build on their skill levels and to assist with cross training in other areas within the department.
- Strives to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by Director of Event and Catering Services.
The Catering Lead is responsible for the supervision of on-call and student catering service staff with regard to daily assignments, training, and sanitation procedures.Qualifications:
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills.Ability to effectively supervise others by providing clear instructions and effective criticism/redirection.Ability to detect food and labor waste issues and develops a plan of corrective action.Ability to multi-task and utilize effective time management during production.Operational knowledge of commercial and kitchen equipment.Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays.Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.Must possess a high standard of personal hygiene.Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office Suite, cash register and POS systems.Must possess a valid Food Worker Card.Must possess a valid driver’s license.Reliable and predictable attendance.Ability to pass a pre-employment background inquiry, physical exam (including drug screening), and strength test.Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
High school diploma or equivalent. Two years of related experience to include supervisory or lead responsibilities in a high volume restaurant environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Must be able to speak clearly, listen attentively, read, write, and understand English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ability to work shifts of twelve or more hours.
- Ability to bend and stoop to grasp objects, climb ladders, push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds, unassisted.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds. Lift up to 35 pounds unassisted on occasion.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and signage/labeling for accuracy.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.Ability to work in a fast-paced, strenuous environment.
: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations. Up to $16.45'/hr DOEPuget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/
Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of all required background checks and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment. All new hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption.Diversity Statement:
We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.