Responsibilities and Duties
The Nursing Operations Specialist works collaboratively with the Faculty and the Simulation Technologist in the preparation of simulated learning scenarios and equipment for all nursing courses. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the preparation of medical supplies, application of moulage, and the operation and programming of equipment. The individual will serve to support the operations staff, ensuring efficient utilization of all simulation facilities and equipment. Responsible for the scheduling of the standardized participants based upon faculty requests. The nursing operations specialist will ensure follow-up with all standardized participants regarding job duties and responsibilities, payment, schedules, parking, etc. Coordinate equipment maintenance and keeps the lab coordinator informed of broken equipment, need for replacement or updates with simulation and lab equipment. Maintains supply inventory collaboration with the faculty, the lab coordinator, the simulation technologist, and the Department Chair. Additional duties may include Electronic filing and maintenance of electronic documents relating to simulation operations, staffing, and scheduling. In collaboration with the Lab Coordinator and Department Chair the responsibility includes continuous assessment of the facilities to maintain the most current healthcare trends reflecting acute patient care environments. Coordinate the scheduling of training on new equipment, technology, and materials for faculty/staff and provide technical support for the simulation technology. Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree and two years of related work experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications and sufficient level of expertise involving technology to use software-based inventory system and troubleshoot classroom technology used in simulation.
- Ability to manage multiple pressing priorities and tasks, triage the importance and follow up with internal and external stakeholders through closure.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, and knowledge to project a professional and positive image of the institution.
- Ability to interact with a diverse team and in a diverse environment.
- Experience working in simulation lab is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in a medical/health care setting and understanding interactions between health care providers and patients/families is preferred.
- The ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems with computers and audiovisual components.
Academic Affairs DivisionPrimary Location:
Main CampusJob Posting:
Jul 15, 2021