Extension County Office Support - Cass County, MO Location:
Missouri West Central Region Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The University of Missouri (MU) Office of Extension and Engagement - Cass County, MO
LOCATION: Cass County - Harrisonville, MO
The University of Missouri (MU) Office of Extension and Engagement’s distinct land-grant mission is to improve lives, communities and economies by producing relevant, reliable and responsive educational strategies throughout Missouri. Our dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff collaborate with researchers and community leaders to develop and deliver programs that address needs of Missourians including: educational attainment; environmental concerns; community, economic, business and workforce development; global food systems; and health systems. For more information about MU Extension and Engagement, please visit http://extension.missouri.edu.
Provides general/routine administrative and office support that includes a broad range of duties.
Understands how tasks/activities relate to others on the team and how the team integrates with other related, similar teamsOrganizes and completes structured assignments according to prioritiesRecognizes and solves typical problems that occur in own work area without supervisory approvalEvaluates and selects solutions from established options/proceduresImpacts own team through the quality of the services or information providedCommunicates through the regular exchange of information
- Assist in maintaining a clean, professional office. Greet visitors, answer incoming calls, route calls, take messages and respond to general inquiries. Distribution of postal and electronic mail. Provide publications and reference materials for customers. Refer questions to specialists as appropriate.
- Open and close office in accordance with established procedures. Maintain an up-to-date county web page. Maintain inventory and as directed by supervisor, order supplies and postage. Maintain classroom schedule.
- Receive incoming samples for lab tests and ensure submitted to university labs. Assist customers with self-directed training for private applicator licenses. Assist educational activities of affiliated volunteer organizations. Assist with pressure gauge testing services and proctor distance learning tests.
- Assist in training volunteers. Follow best methods for accomplishing tasks and complete all work in a timely manner that promotes a neat, professional image. Maintain paper and electronic files. Maintains information flow and message services with the office and assist in maintaing calendar for all specialists.
- Assist in the entering and review account activities in QuickBooks. Follow established fiscal policy and procedures. Prepare invoices and bills for County Council and/or County Program Director. Accept payments for courses and services and write receipts. Make deposits. Assist in process of payroll and corresponding taxes with appropriate tax forms. Assist in completion of year-end close outs and reports.
- Work as team member in cooperation with regional faculty, staff, volunteers, and other county office support staff.
- Assist in producing instructional materials, correspondence, etc. Process bulk mailing and provide for delivery to post office. Conduct general clerical, secretarial and office duties as assigned.
LEADERSHIP RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Works under general supervision of the County Engagement Specialist and County Extension Council and within procedures and guidelines.
CORE ATTRIBUTES FOR MU EXTENSION FACULTY AND STAFF
Exhibit a high personal standard of excellence, be an effective team player, and demonstrate inclusivity, civility and respect for all.
Engage stakeholders and learners maintain positive interpersonal relationships, and exhibit effective written and oral communication skills.
Operate with minimal guidance, and be a self-directed learner who is flexible and adaptable to changing environments.
The University of Missouri, also known as Mizzou and MU, is the Flagship University of the four-campus University of Missouri system. It is the state’s land-grant university and one of the most comprehensive universities in the United States. MU’s broad undergraduate programs and its’ graduate, professional and research programs attract annual enrollment of more than 30,000 students. MU is centrally located in Columbia, MO, which is consistently ranked as one of America’s most livable cities. MU Extension and Engagement programs are located on all four campuses and in 114 counties and St. Louis city.
Salary Range: $11.54 - $15.00 hourly
GGS Grade: 5
University Title: OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT III
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm with occasional evenings and weekends
High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Preferred Qualifications Effective communication skills, customer service relations experience, attention to detail and time management, computer skills with Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Publisher. Knowledge of QuickBooks™ or other accounting software experience. Some lifting required, occasional evenings and weekend work with minimal travel a valid driver’s license is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Applies acquired skills to perform a range of activities for the job
- Continues to develop skills to perform routine activities
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confidence with IT and computer packages
- High level organization and time management skills
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: