Event Coordinator Location:
Columbia Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
MizzouRec Services and Facilities, a department within the Division of Student Affairs, provides quality leisure experiences to all members of the campus community, primarily Mizzou students. From our award-winning facilities to our nationally recognized programs, we strive to bring our members and guests an environment that inspires and promotes a healthy, active lifestyle. Primary responsibilities will be to manage the day-to-day operations of the Event Guest Services area of the MizzouRec Services including sales, marketing, personnel management, and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operations of the MizzouRec reservations including retrieval and approval of requests; confirmation and cancellation processes; email preferences and signatures for electronic communications; and ensuring all related information is uploaded in the appropriate files/systems including but not limited to room diagrams, Facility Use Agreements, and alcohol, food and fundraising permits.
- Manage contracts and review billings for events involving charges for on-campus and off-campus users. Work with the Office of Campus Reservations to ensure that accounts receivable are collected.
- Provide supervision, staffing, training and leadership to the Events Management area, including student conference assistants an setup team, ensuring a positive Team Mizzou appearance and demeanor. Interview, hire and conduct performance appraisals taking necessary corrective action and issue discipline.
- Monitor performance, prepare and review reports, establish procedures, and maintain positive customer relations. Interpret, clarify, and develop policies and procedures. Oversee reservations process to ensure customer orders are processed effectively including reservation cancellations and confirmations. Act as a liaison with event attendees, presenters, vendors, etc. Recommend corrective/adjusting actions needed to resolve disputes/misunderstandings and promote general good relations.
- Maintain professional and positive written and verbal communications with student groups, campus departments, off-campus customers, and other facility users. Serve as the department liaison with vendors supporting events at the MizzouRec facilities.
- Assist in the marketing and sales efforts, targeting on campus organizations through campus media opportunities and off-campus organizations through business fairs and other outlets. Maintain relationships with current customers to encourage additional sales.
- Attend departmental, facility users, inter-departmental, and campus wide meetings. Manage special projects as assigned by supervisor.
As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities is expected in order to serve the customer and maintain our MizzouRec Services and Facilities mission.Salary
Salary Range: $19.47 - 28.84
Grade: GGS 009
University Title: Student Service Coordinator II
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
Flexible working schedule, to include early mornings, late nights or weekends on a non-consistent basis, otherwise, standard regular schedule is 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Monday - Friday
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
3+ years of event planning and supervisory experience
Ability to think independently, quickly grasp concepts, and problem solve immediately
Ability to coordinate multiple functions, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Previous experience that demonstrates a high level of professionalism and customer service when interacting with speakers, conference attendees, hotel personnel, and outside suppliers and vendors
Must demonstrate good judgment and attention to detail
Completed online applications and resumes' will be accepted until position is filled
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: