SENIOR STUDENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST Location:
Columbia Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
SENIOR STUDENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Department of Health Sciences
School of Health Professions
University of Missouri - Columbia
Job Description Summary:
Provide academic support for the teaching mission of the Department of Health Sciences. Involves working within affiliated MU programs and services in support of student course maintenance and enrollment. Responsible for office and administrative support with an emphasis on planning logistics, resource allocation, and organization/coordination.
myZou - Primary Course Scheduler and Key Department Contact
• Review of planned semester schedules (Coordinates with Chair on faculty workloads)
• Coordinate with advising on determination of student coursework needs, to meet graduation plans
• Organizes course schedule to fit departmental needs (manually in open period or with registrar)
• Enter/Edit Faculty and Teaching Assistants names
• Monitor enrollments (watch class sizes, seats available, react and explore resolutions)
• Keep Scheduling and Teaching reports up to date and share with those who need them
• Provide course rosters and research enrollment data as needed
• Coordinates with other departments on cross-listed courses
• Other job-related duties as needed and job development
• Reviews and confirms Finals schedules for faculty and Registrar’s Office
• Coordinating courses scheduling with Mizzou Online
Course Inventory Management (CIM)
• Next Catalog Database (editing for the MU catalog listings of our courses)
• New Course Additions (support in manually adding courses into the CIM system)
• Course Editing and Review in the database
• Answer questions and provide resources for teaching related duties and challenges
• Monitor and advise on Honors and Writing Intensive course proposals and training
• Collect Syllabus for each course in each semester
• Interacts with adjuncts regarding teaching availability and teaching support
• Provide resources & support for new instructors
• Coordinate records management and destruction of student records
• Department contact for Mizzou Store in recording, reviewing and submission of textbooks. Works VERBA System to maintain and edit courses, instructors, and materials.
Direct Student Support
• Qualtrics Survey – set-up and review and respond to enrollment requests from students
• Provide permission numbers based on determination of merit and space
• Answer calls and provide resources as campus main contact for department
Chair and Department Support
• Office and Administrative Support
• Supervise Work Study employees
• Manage Conference Room Calendar
• Planning and logistics for departmental meetings
• Resource and support to Chair as needed
Training, mentoring, and support of new staff member(s)
Salary Range: $16.92 - $30.68/hour
Grade: GGS 008
University Title: Senior Student Support Specialist
Internal applicants can determine their current grade and university title by accessing the Job Information page through the Additional Employee Info tile in myHR.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
myZou experience, detail oriented, good/clear communications, service-oriented, Excel and data base experience, ability to work with minimal supervision, ability make independent decisions based on experience and analysis of circumstances.
Completed online application, cover letter, and resume.
Applications should be submitted on-line through the Univiersity of Missouri website: https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/staff
Applications will be reviewed until well-qualified applicants are identified to advance to the interview process.
The MU School of Health Professions (SHP) is the University of Missouri system’s only school of health professions and the state’s only public health program located on a health sciences campus. Its mission is to improve the health and well-being of others. Every day, SHP faculty, staff, and students work towards changing lives through the integration of teaching, service and discovery. https://healthprofessions.missouri.edu/about/
With programs in rehabilitation, diagnostic and imaging sciences, public health. and social work, graduates of the School of Health Professions fill critical roles in health care. The school is comprised of seven departments and 13 disciplines, each with their own specialized accreditation processes. The school also hosts a satellite program of the University of Missouri-Kansas City College of Pharmacy.
Health professions account for more than 60 percent of the total U.S. health care workforce. Jobs in health professions are projected to grow at least through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The school is an important member of the University of Missouri Health System. Other members include the Sinclair School of Nursing, the School of Medicine, University Hospitals and Clinics and University Physicians.
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: