Academic Services Coordinator, Office of the University Registrar - Division of Finance
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Academic Services Coordinator, Office of the University Registrar - Division of FinanceJob Profile Title
Coordinator BJob Description Summary
The Academic Services Coordinator is responsible for carrying out complex and varied work within the Office of the University Registrar, working closely with leadership to coordinate resources to meet the demands of the office. The coordinator will monitor and recommend adjustments to staff and other resource allocation based on the volume and type of workflow coming through the office during different periods of the academic and SRFS cycle. The coordinator will also be responsible for processing a portion of the high-level workflow based on volume and staffing levels in the office.
The Academic Services Coordinator encourages continuous process improvement efforts with customer service as a top priority. Such efforts include collaborating with internal school partners, occasionally with officials at higher levels. Regular contact with external constituents to explain specialized matters and enforce policies. Monitoring response times and generating reports to identify and analyze diverse problems.
The coordinator will respond to escalations and assist the Office of the University Registrar's leadership in the monitoring of OUR and SSC responses and will develop training programs to improve knowledge and skills. May act in a lead capacity as needed. Highly professional interaction with schools, divisions, departments, and all areas of the University is required as is excellent customer service.
In the Division of Finance, we recognize diversity and inclusion is paramount to a positive and thriving work environment; it is a business imperative. We are committed to actively fostering diversity, inclusion and cultural competency throughout our operational efforts in the Division of Finance. This role will be critical in supporting those efforts and demonstrating behaviors and competencies that reflect Penn's values.
We take pride in the myriad ways that diversity enriches our curriculum, and the cultural and social life of our campus. Penn's commitment to achieving eminence through diversity is ultimately a commitment to creating a more vibrant university so that our graduates will be both stimulated and empowered to shape a better world.Job Description
- Assign or respond to inquiries in platforms such as FreshDesk, SalesForce, Teams, and Outlook from internal school partners, occasionally with officials at higher levels, and external constituents to explain specialized matters and enforce policies. Manage escalated requests involving more in-depth research and resolve issues in a timely, thorough, and professional manner.
- Maintain permanent student records, including researching, correcting, and producing official records as needed. Ensure accuracy of academic records and consistency with the reporting agencies.
- Collaborate with the Student Service Center and coordinate shadowing and cross-training efforts between OUR and One-Stop staff to maintain and ensure compliance with service level agreements.
- Manage centralized workflows implemented through BPLogix for current and future systems, including but not limited to separations, grade changes, major changes, petitions and withdrawals.
- Generate, analyze, and distribute reports to monitor volume, workflow, and production levels and recommend to Registrar adjustments and other resource allocation needs based on the volume and type of work coming through the office during different periods of the academic and SRFS cycle.
- Support the design and implementation of ongoing process improvement for both internal and forward-facing process, procedure, and documentation. Review current processes and identify inefficiencies and gaps in service delivery quality, develop improved processes and recommend them to OUR senior leadership. If approved, responsible for implementation with the staff.
- Manage calendars and organize meetings, events and travel for OUR senior leadership, including communications with external constituents, school partners, and university officials for scheduling purposes.
- Assist with managing security and access to OUR systems containing sensitive and confidential student information.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including serving as proxy to the Assistant University Registrar and acting in a lead capacity as needed.
Job Location - City, State
- A Bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Customer service affinity and skills, and a minimum of 3 years of professional customer service experience; and the ability and desire to: provide high-quality customer service to students and their families in an effective and responsible manner; help students and families resolve questions and issues; learn and retain a large volume of information and correctly relay this information to students and families; work in an environment that deals with sensitive and private student information.
- A minimum of two years of experience working under limited supervision; and demonstrated experience in understanding, explaining, and applying the laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, specifications, standards, and guidelines governing assigned unit activities.
- Effective oral, written, listening, and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to make independent decisions and to work collaboratively and productively under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Dependability, reliability, promptness, and professional etiquette.
- Knowledge of/experience with computer applications and systems, including the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook) Salesforce Case Management as well as core University systems for academic records; ability and willingness to learn new programs, applications, systems, tools, etc.
- Knowledge of data-processing techniques and the application of such techniques to record-keeping.
- A willingness and ability to be cross-trained in a variety of skills and functions and to take part in the overall mission of SRFS.
- Work effectively in a highly matrixed and decentralized environment with the ability to navigate through ambiguity and demonstrate appreciation and support for diversity, inclusion and belonging in a constantly evolving academic/higher education environment.
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Division of FinancePay Range
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Franklin-Building/Academic-Services-Coordinator--Office-of-the-University-Registrar---Division-of-Finance_JR00035541
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency