Associate Director, Annual Funds
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Associate Director, Annual FundsJob Profile Title
Annual Giving Officer BJob Description Summary
The Associate Director of Annual Funds is responsible for the development, management, and implementation of the health system's unrestricted gifts program, including design and administration of digital/electronic solicitations and stewardship, as well as conduct a minimum of 25 face-to-face leadership solicitations to support and realize the donor and dollar goals of the Annual Funds program from patients and friends of the health system's three hospitals and multiple suburban outpatient clinics.Job Description
Reporting to the Executive Director of Annual Funds and Special Gifts, the Associate Director manages daily digital and web-based activities of Penn Medicine's Health System Annual Giving (HSAG) program. In addition, this position oversees:
- All logistical components related to digital and web-based annual fund efforts for the health system's three hospitals and multiple suburban outpatient clinics. With the supervision of the Executive Director, plan and manage all aspects of the program, including establishing and reviewing goals relative to annual giving, identifying issues and opportunities with the annual giving programs, and communicating annual giving priorities to officials at higher levels.
- All creative components of the digital annual giving program including drafting of appeals, ad placement, testing, scheduling, dynamic content management, reporting, and more.
- Numerous databases used for patient and prospect data.
- Vendor relationships in conjunction with annual giving digital programs.
In addition, the Associate Director will:
- Solicit annual giving prospects in-person, via digital and direct mail, and cultivation events.
- Participate in the development of overall annual giving strategy and plan for the health system; make recommendations and participate in influencing policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and implementation of annual giving and other related programs.
- Assist in the supervision, direction, and performance evaluation of the annual giving program's Development Assistant and the team's Data Analyst.
BA/BS degree; 3-5 years experience in development (or related digital marketing field) or an equivalent combination of education and experience required; sound knowledge of fundraising and/or digital marketing; ability to handle multiple projects with strong attention to detail; strong writing skills (preferably with demonstrated experience in writing for fundraising); strong computer skills - MS Word, Excel, and Access desirable; analytic thinker; customer service focused individual with the ability to build working relationships internally at Penn and UPHS, and externally with donors, vendors, and consultants; and capable of cultivating relationships with prospects and donors. Some travel required; availability some weeknights.**Please provide a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this role. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.**Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Development and Alumni RelationsPay Range
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3535-Market/Associate-Director--Annual-Funds_JR00035377-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency