Investigative Officer, Office of the AVP for Equity and Title IX Officer
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Investigative Officer, Office of the AVP for Equity and Title IX OfficerJob Profile Title
Director DJob Description Summary
Reporting to the AVP for Equity and Title IX Officer, the Investigative Officer will effectively, appropriately, and fairly respond to complaints of violations of the University's Sexual Misconduct Policy. Maintaining confidentiality, and acting with sensitivity, discretion, and objectivity, the Investigative Officer will conduct investigations of sexual misconduct complaints in a manner consistent with the University's procedures. The Investigative Officer will prepare detailed investigative reports that include findings of fact and recommendations. The Investigative Officer also will assist in the development and delivery of training and educational programs on the prevention of sexual misconduct. The Investigative Officer will provide information about the University's policies and resources related to preventing and responding to sexual misconduct reports and complaints to faculty, students, staff, postdoctoral and other trainees, and others as appropriate. The incumbent will work closely with campus resource offices to prevent sexual misconduct and aid in assuring that appropriate services and supports are available to complainants and respondents.Job Description
Conduct thorough, fair, and objective investigations of complaints alleging sexual misconduct, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual violence, relationship violence, stalking, retaliation, and inappropriate romantic relationships in violation of the University's Sexual Misconduct Policy. Prepare investigative reports that include findings of fact, assessments of credibility; as well as determinations of whether the University's Sexual Misconduct Policy has been violated, and if so, recommends an appropriate sanction(s) and other actions as appropriate.
Assist the AVP and Title IX Officer in the identification of trends and/or areas that require particular attention and aid in data collection and analyses, writing reports, and developing strategies to address areas of concern.
Assist in identifying and providing training of staff and faculty who serve as advisors and co-investigators in sexual misconduct complaints. Assist in providing information and education regarding the University's policies and procedures to prevent and respond to sexual misconduct to members of the Penn community.
Foster effective working relationships with and an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of campus resource offices including the Division of University Life, Office of the General Counsel, Division of Human Resources, Division of Public Safety, and Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs. Develop an understanding of the external resources available to support parties to complaints.
Stay abreast of developments in relevant federal, state and local laws and regulations, particularly as related to Title IX, Title VII, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act, Clery, and VAWA.
Assist the AVP and Title IX Officer in identifying best practices for conducting investigations and delivering education that aids in implementing the University's Sexual Misconduct Policy and commitment to preventing and equitably responding to complaints.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: JD or master's degree in a relevant related field and 5 years to 7 years of experience investigating or resolving complaints, preferably in a college or university setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Expertise in matters related to the investigation and resolution of sexual misconduct complaints is required. Evidence of strategic agility, excellent judgment, complex problem-solving capabilities, and responsiveness in crises and emergent situations is necessary. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential. Excellent analytic skills are required. Ability to maintain confidentiality and neutrality when working with a broad range of people is essential. Demonstrated understanding of disciplinary processes utilized in institutions of higher education contexts is highly desirable.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
President's CenterPay Range
$88,861.00 - $168,837.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3901-Walnut-Street/Investigative-Officer---Office-of-the-AVP-for-Equity-and-Title-IX-Officer_JR00034861
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency