Food Service Worker - Penn Dining - Residential and Hospitality Services
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Food Service Worker - Penn Dining - Residential and Hospitality ServicesJob Profile Title
Food Service Worker-UnionJob Description Summary
Prepare, display, and serve hot and cold ingredients and food items in safe and sanitary manner; garnish and decorate service areas in attractive manner. Follow all HACCP procedures and other monitoring methods when handling, preparing, serving, and storing foods and chemicals. Complete any required logs and charts, date and label all foods, ingredients and leftovers; keep accurate production records. Responsible for serving and restocking food, beverages, condiments, dishes and other
items; communicate with management, supervisors, and fellow employees about needs for food, ingredientsJob Description
Prepare, display, and serve ingredients and food items in a safe and sanitary manner. Follow all correct HACCP procedures and other monitoring methods when handling, preparing, serving, and storing foods and chemicals. Responsible for serving and restocking food, beverages, condiments, dishes and other items in their proper areas in an attractive, safe and sanitary fashion. Work, storage and service areas are expected to be kept neat and free of debris and other clutter and also to be continuously cleaned and sanitized. Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and proper storage of all tools and utensils utilized. Required to communicate with management, supervisors, and fellow employees about needs for foods, ingredients and supplies; keep management, supervisors and workers aware of potential safety and stock rotation problems.
Assist with the maintenance of other areas in the dining halls, including but not limited to dining rooms, tray belts, dish room carts, lowerators, bus carts, refrigerator carts, and warming carts. Clean and sanitize any and all food preparation equipment and areas as assigned. Replenish hand soap and towels, and otherwise assist in the cleaning and set-up of the entire dining hall or special service areas as needed. Assist in stocking and delivering food, chemicals and other supplies and equipment as needed. Properly utilize, clean, and sanitize garbage disposals and their surrounding areas. Remove and correctly dispose of trash and other waste and recyclable materials, utilizing correct procedures for transporting food and waste separately, and will clean and sanitize all trash cans and dumpsters. properly clean, sanitize and store all pots, pans, utensils and other equipment, meeting all safety, sanitation and HACCP procedures in the process. Storage shelves, cleaning equipment, sinks and surrounding floor and wall areas are to be kept clean, sanitary and free of clutter at all times. Utilize proper "clean as you go" techniques and safety mats to prevent spills and other hazards from presenting dangers to all employees. Promptly return clean dishes, silverware and other equipment to the appropriate areas. Disassemble the dish machine and its associated parts, properly clean and sanitize all parts on the dish machine and reassemble for use during the next service period. Sweep, mop, and clean all service areas, floors, mats, counters and dish belt areas. Periodically descale machine with approved chemicals and safety equipment, with the approval of management, to ensure lime buildup is controlled. Maintain all associated temperatures and HACCP records.Qualifications
A High School Diploma or GED is preferred and 0-1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Recent experience in food service preferred. Demonstrated customer service skills. Ability to communicate and implement management direction. Ability to lift 10 - 25 lbs. Must be willing to work flexible hours, 7 day per week operation. Position is for 9 months per year.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Residential and Hospitality ServicesPay Range
$12.11 - $19.23Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Class-of-1920-Dining-Commons/Food-Service-Worker---Penn-Dining---Residential-and-Hospitality-Services_JR00035740
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency