Assistant Field Education Director/ Social Work...
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Job Description:Campus Title:
Assistant Field Education DirectorState Job Title:
Staff Assistant Department:
Social Work Job Code:
7017-0029 Bargaining Unit:
Full-Time Permanent Timeframe:
52 Weeks Shift:
Monday- Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Regular Days Off:
Saturday and SundaySupervision Received:
The Assistant Field Education Director receives general supervision from the Field Education Director.Supervision Exercised:
$48,000 - $50,980General Statement of Duties:
The Assistant Field Education Director reports to the Field Education Director. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: working with the Director to develop and maintain field sites that meet Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Standards; conducting independent site visits for potential new field sites; application and placement process for BSW and assigned MSW students; assist in ensuring that faculty field liaisons and field instructors are prepared and supported for their work with students and each other; maintaining information in the department's web-based field documentation system; serve as a consultant to faculty field liaisons and field instructors regarding potential disruptions of assigned field sites and, as necessary, act as mediator when problems arise in the field that require intervention beyond the field instructor, field liaison, and student; provide assistance to students, field instructors, and faculty; participation in the Field Advisory Board, BSW Program Committee, and other committees as necessary.Duties and Responsibilities:Duties include but not limited to:Essential:
- Work with the Field Education Director to develop and maintain field sites. Conduct independent site visits for potential new field sites and utilize independent judgment and discretion to evaluate the appropriateness of an Affiliation Agreement with a particular field site, as well as particular field instructors, while ensuring CSWE standards are met.
- Responsible for the field application process for BSW students and assigned MSW students.
- Responsible for all aspects of the placement process for assigned BSW and MSW students .
- Participate in the field education portion of student orientations for BSW and MSW students.
- Participate as a staff member in the annual field instructor orientation training, including development and co-facilitation as requested.
- Maintain the information contained in the department's web-based field documentation system and provide assistance to students, field instructors, and faculty filed liaisons as needed.
- Monitor assigned field placements and communicate with the Field Education Director regarding any potential disruptions. Serve as a consultant to faculty field liaisons and field instructors regarding potential disruptions of assigned field sites and, as necessary, act as mediator when problems arise in the field that require intervention beyond the field instructor, faculty field liaison, and student.
- Provide assistance to the Field Education Director in the development of field-related policies, procedures, manuals, and other documents as necessary.
- Serve as a member of the Field Advisory Board and Social Work Department Committee.
- Serve as the Field Department representative on the BSW Program Committee.
- Master's in Social Work degree
- Social work license with at least two years of post-degree experience.
- Previous experience related to social work education is required (i.e. supervision of social work students, adjunct teaching, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal, independent judgment, organizational, and computer skills, as well as the capacity to work in a fast-paced team-based environment.
For the majority of new employees, the minimum starting salary will apply. Specific salary for current Westfield State University employees and individuals currently working for the state of Massachusetts must be calculated individually in accordance with collective bargaining and state policies and procedures.
State job specifications for this position may be found at the department of higher education website: http://www.mass.edu/foremployees/classificationspecs/classspecs-pers.aspDisability Accommodations:
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.Background Check:
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
Application Instructions:An on-line application is required
. The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected. NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=130988&CNTRNO=17&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency