Marketing & Communications Graduate Assistant
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Job Description:Campus Title:
Marketing & Communications Graduate AssistantState Job Title:
N/A Contracted Position Department:
Institutional Advancement, Alumni Relations & Annual FundFunding:
Contracted PositionJob Type:
Part-time Academic Year Shift:
TBDRegular Days Off:
Saturday and Sunday.(With availability to work some nights and weekends) Supervision Received:
Reporting to, and with assistance from designated staff, the associate director of alumni relations and annual
A $1,000.00 stipend and 12 tuition credits per-semester (fall and spring). General Statement of Duties:
This is a two-year position, September 2020-May 2022, contingent on performance and academic program requirements. The position includes 12 tuition credits per semester (fall and spring). A $1,000 stipend will be provided per semester. The candidate will work approximately 20 hours per week with an anticipated start date of September 8.The candidate must be in the process of obtaining a master's degree at Westfield State and possess a strong desire to recognize, celebrate, and impact Alumni Relations and Annual Fund initiatives through collaboration with department staff as well as Westfield State students, faculty, staff, alumni, and donors. Students are responsible for registration, education service, practicum, and other fees as appropriate. (Note: MSW students receive 10 tuition credits per semester. PA students receive 12 tuition credits per academic
year).Duties and Responsibilities:Duties include but not limited to:Essential:Specific Responsibilities:Website & E-News Management
Social Media Management
- Assist with maintenance of marketing-related web pages on westfield alumni.org, including, but not limited to updating photos, content, graphics, videos, virtual programming;
- Assist with development of department communications including, but not limited to development of written word, video/virtual content, and graphic design;
- Assist with management and record of campus and alumni achievement/celebration content including, but not limited to Outstanding Owls features, FOCUS magazine features, alumni class updates, alumni-owned business directory;
- Provide assistance for dissemination of college-specific communications, including, but not limited to e-newsletters, webinars, and faculty/staff project features.
- Create and maintain the Alumni Relations/Annual Fund social media calendar;
- Maintain designated social media sites associated with Alumni Relations and Lifetime Owls;
- Create social media messaging and events in consultation and coordination with University
- Marketing, following University social media guidelines.
- Assist with development of Alumni Relations and Lifetime Owls printed marketing materials including development of brochures, flyers, posters, information inserts, etc.;
- Assist with development of Alumni Relations and Annual Fund promotional items including, but not limited to event marketing collateral, participation incentives, awards, etc.
General Administrative Support
- All on-site event management is postponed for fall 2020. Virtual event management will resume.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing successful alumni events;
- Collaborate with leadership committees within WSAA and Lifetime Owls to represent Alumni Relations and Annual Fund at University events including admissions receptions, orientation events, and new student program events;
- Assist in coordination of campus events and engagement activities for Lifetime Owls including, but not limited to career networking events, alumni mentoring programs/events, leadership and development events, philanthropy education events, scholarship recognition events, and Lifetime Owls social events;
- Assist in coordination of off-campus events and engagement activities Westfield State Alumni Association social events and outings (receptions, dinners, etc.).
- Assist with management of WSAA membership and records
- Assist with management of Lifetime Owls membership and records
- Maintain marketing product inventory
- Assist with the annual fund activities, mailings, etc. including, but not limited to, Give A Hoot, Day of Giving Provide support for team, department and special project mailings
- Must have successfully competed bachelor's degree program at an accredited university
- Accepted and enrolled in an appropriate graduate program at Westfield State University
- Demonstrated familiarity and/or interest in marketing and communications
- Willing to work nights and weekends
- Must have an ability to work independently
- Demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Social Media vehicles including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube,Instagram
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with University students, faculty, staff and the general public including alumni, students, faculty, staff, donors, prospective donors, and volunteers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the field of marketing and/or fundraising
- Experience with graphic design programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience with video development
Additional Information:Disability Accommodations:
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.Background Check:
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
Application Instructions:An on-line application is required.
The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application. NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=124791&CNTRNO=26&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency