About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Job Description:Campus Title:
Systems AnalystState Job Title:
Information Technology Services Job Code:
7115-0100 (State Funds) Bargaining Unit:
52 Weeks Shift:
9 a.m. -5 p.m. Monday - Friday Regular Days Off:
Saturday and Sunday Supervision Received:
The Systems Analyst reports to the Director of Administrative Systems.Supervision Exercised:
$50,000.00-$60,000.00 (Salary to commensurate w/ experience) General Statement of Duties:
The Systems Analyst assists both the Director of Administrative Systems and the Database Administrator in the planning, creating, scheduling, implementing, and/or training of programming additions, deletions, and/or changes to administrative computing systems.Duties and Responsibilities:Duties include but not limited to:Essential:Programming
- Define, develop, test, support and maintain advanced pl/sql programs designed to define, query and manipulate relational data and objects.
- Define, develop, test, support and maintain data reports within the University's WebFOCUS reporting environment.
- Define, develop, test, support and maintain integrations to the myWestfield Portal for supported applications.
- Maintains technical documentation on code developed and modified.
- Prioritize, organize and multitask both independently and as a team member on assigned projects and tasks.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technical skills.
- Implement new software solutions as the business needs of the University evolve over time.
- Respond and resolve issues related to supported campus software solutions.
- Understands and provides support for existing Ellucian ERP systems, third-party solutions and integrations.
- Provides direct technical support on software issues related to student, finance, fixed asset and financial aid records.
- Assists the MyWestfield Portal Manager with Ellucian Luminis portal support.
- Assists the Reporting Analyst with WebFOCUS administrative components.
- Participate in efforts to continuously improve on existing software solutions and processes including staying informed of announcements, updates and current trends.
- Provides functional and technical support to the Ellucian Recruit CRM administrators and resolves issues within the Microsoft Dynamics platform.
- Administration and support of fixed assets tracking software.
- Supports and maintains the security and high availability of the campus administrative database systems and web applications.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant professional certification
- Knowledge of relational database operation and concepts
- Advanced SQL programming skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- 2 years progressive experience with Ellucian Banner is a plus
- Experience working with CRM systems is a plus
- Experience working in a Higher Education environment is a plus
- Knowledge in the fields of computer science and/or information systems
- Knowledge of Linux operating system
Additional Information:Disability Accommodations:
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.Background Check:
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
Application Instructions:An on-line application is required
. The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected. .NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=123607&CNTRNO=23&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency