Police OfficerHOW TO APPLYEQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University
Perform responsibilities as a Police Officer for St. Edward's University. Performs police patrol, investigation, traffic regulation, and related law enforcement activities, consistent with the university mission, vision, and operating principles.Responsibilities
- Represent the university in a professional and courteous manner.
- Proactively patrol while protecting the property of St. Edward's University to prevent crime, maintain the peace, and investigate criminal activities that may occur.
- Respond to emergency & non-emergency radio calls and investigate violations of the law and university policies & regulations.
- Enforce all applicable laws and university regulations.
- Conduct follow-up investigations of crimes committed during assigned shifts.
- Prepare cases for presentation in court and testify as a witness when called.
- Give directions, information, and reasonable aid to students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Open and Close facilities as required
- Perform other duties as required.
- Valid Police Officer License issued by TCOLE.
- Be 21 years or older at time of employment
- Possess a valid Texas Class C Driver's License, and have a good driving record (in compliance with the university insurance carrier).
- No convictions of a Class B or higher misdemeanor or its equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills; skill in operating computer systems
- Not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a firearm.
- Be of good moral character, having temperate and industrious habits; be able to learn the applicable laws, policies, and departmental rules and regulations;
- Be able to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Be able to work flexible hours, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Must be in good health with the ability to pass a Physical Agility Test.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to complete required Field Training Program.
- The successful candidates must complete an education and/or criminal background check.
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking), Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Prior University or College Law Enforcement Experience
- One year (30 / + hours) of credit from an accredited college or university
This is a full-time benefits-eligible position. Must be able to work 24/7/365 on any assigned shift with varying days off. This position is considered "Mission Critical." In order to meet the needs of the University and of the department, shifts are subject to change on short notice and University Police Officers must be available for recall to the university in emergency situations, such as man-made or natural disasters. The department is organized along with a standard law enforcement model: Police Officers must wear a uniform on duty; are subject to inspection and a formal chain of command.HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com.
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references
. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
Reference #: J2020125
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency