Enterprise Applications Administrator
St. Edward's University
Enterprise Applications Administrator
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas welcomes applications for the position of Enterprise Applications Administrator (EAA). With a focus on supporting integrations, the EAA is responsible for providing technical support for the analysis, development, installation, administration, and maintenance of mission-critical enterprise systems, databases, and middleware applications. In the university environment, there are also many growth opportunities to expand personal skill sets into new areas. Using a collaborative approach, the EAA will execute application integration strategies, while learning new technologies, to best serve the university.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a member of the Middleware team in Enterprise Information Systems, the Enterprise Applications Administrator has many important duties and responsibilities. These include:
- Support and use integration tools allowing for the seamless transmission of data from disparate systems, both for operational and reporting purposes.
- Provide application administration support, especially a system, database, and software upgrades for enterprise systems.
- Collaborate in evaluating, testing, and implementing new or upgraded software.
- Perform system and database upgrades.
- Collaborate to guide the evolution and development of enterprise applications, data integrations, and best practices.
- Perform complex systems/software analysis; conduct application, system, and code walkthroughs; implement and maintain highly reliable, available, secure software.
- Automate system configuration processes using standard configuration management tools.
- Pursue increased system efficiency.
- Perform load testing.
- Monitor and troubleshoot problems.
bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or other information technology field, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)Sun Life Financial Dental PlanSun Life Financial Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
- Experience administering Linux applications, including shell scripting.
- Experience with standard integration platforms and REST APIs.
- Experience in the use of SQL statements.
- Experience administering MySQL or other SQL databases is a plus.
- Experience administering Microsoft Windows systems is a plus.
- Experience with automated system configuration is a plus.
- Experience with object-oriented programming is a plus.
- Experience working in higher education with an understanding of higher education business practices is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in the growth and learning of new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to effectively interpret and translate business needs and report on system trends or issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop effective trust relationships with the technical team, data stewards, and business users.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to perform tasks accurately with attention to detail including the ability to prioritize tasks/assignments and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivation and self-direction, the ability to work independently or in a team environment, and willingness to take direction.
- Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required.
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020126
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency