Pittsburgh, PA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Social Media Specialist
Chatham University has an immediate opening for a Social Media Specialist. As a staff member of the Marketing and Communications department, the Social Media Specialist will work closely with the Associate Director of brand and Content Strategy. The Social Media Specialist will assist in the planning and creation of content across social, editorial, email, and other digital platforms, as well as execute the daily production, management, and assessment of a comprehensive social media program across the university's institutional accounts.
This newly created position will add to Chatham's mission "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community. Learn more at: www.chatham.edu .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to and follow an editorial calendar for key social media initiatives to provide fresh and engaging content.
- Collaborate with content marketing, social media and blog contributors to create high-quality content for social.
- Manage online reputation by monitoring news and trends in social media, keeping an eye out for negative or criticism of university and provide assistance in addressing the problem.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social medial ROI.
- Understand the synergies between PR and social media and integrate efforts to drive media interest via social media engagement, sharing and outreach with media outlets and reporters.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years' experience in social media, web and digital content development, and/or other digital marketing or creative production.
- Experience in an online editorial/publication, agency or higher education.
- Graphic design experience and/or proficiency in Adobe Suite, Canva, and other graphics creation.
- Ease in using data and analytics reporting tools, Microsoft Office Suites, and working familiarity with social publishing tools like Facebook Creator Studio, Buffer, Later, and others.
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and--as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses. For a complete job description and to apply visit:www.chatham.edu/careersFollow the instructions to complete the application process.
To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, professional resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin. Full Job Description