Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Diversity, Equity and InclusionPosition Type:
20171033Full or Part Time:
Full TimeEmployee Status :
06/29/2021Job Description Summary:
The position provides a broad range of administrative support to the Vice President and the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Responsible for day-to-day office operations that are necessary to run the office effectively. The assistant will work under the supervision of the vice president and will also collaborate with other departments and stakeholders. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of the role. Responsibilities:
Provide high-level administrative support to the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Administrative Support to the Vice President
Administrative support to the office
- Calendar management; schedule and coordinate in-person and/or virtual meetings. Keep vice president apprised of upcoming deadlines or urgent requests. Initiate follow-up actions as appropriate.
- Help create and ensure accuracy in the preparation of written materials, including PowerPoint presentations, proposals, charts, reports, memos, emails, and correspondence in support of the vice president.
- Act as liaison between internal and external constituents. Frequent contact with community partners, and university faculty, staff, and students. Responsible for prioritizing and managing incoming issues and concerns as they arise.
- Assist with monthly PCard reporting. Monitor and maintain office budget. Alert vice president of potential budget overages.
- Assist with travel arrangements as needed. Act as delegate to process travel and expense reimbursements in Concur.
- Assist with special projects, presentations, meetings, and/or events as needed.
- Assist the vice president with other activities as needed.
- First point of contact for the office. Receives visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing, and announcing them appropriately.
- Responsible for the organization and management of the office workflow including scheduling and assisting with departmental staff meetings, trainings, and professional development activities.
- Develop, maintain, and update DEI website content as needed.
- Answer, screen, and route incoming calls. Respond to routine inquiries from varying internal and external parties for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties, and/or providing direction.
- Appropriately sort incoming mail. Receiving and dispatching deliveries.
- Maintain office equipment/supplies and coordinate facilities requests.
- Handle office records, follow up and track workflow, create/update forms/databases and/or organize documents as needed.
- Provide needed support to various projects in the office as needed.
- Supervise student assistants assigning daily tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience providing administrative support in a professional office (academic setting preferred).
- Ability to exercise high level of initiative and work independently.
- Self-motivated and proactive in carrying out research and solving problems.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a collaborative, customer service environment.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain office files, schedule, calendar and coordinate logistics for meetings as needed.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication – including solid editing and proof reading skills.
- Ability to maintain careful attention to detail and accuracy while working on multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Proven computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems and departmental tools related to the position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels both inside and outside of the university.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to carry out tasks and prioritize, when faced with interruptions, distractions and a fluctuating workload.
- Proven ability to exercise judgment and carry out duties in a timely manner.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University can be found at www.chapman.edu/diversity.
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.