Budget Analyst-Administration & Finance (Temporary)-extended - Bunker Hill Community College
Boston, MA Category:
Administrators Posted On:
Wed Jul 14 2021 Job Description:
This individual will report to the Budget Director, and will work closely with the Associate Vice President of Administration and Finance. In this role, under the guidance of the Budget Director, the Budget Analyst will track spending and staffing; make budget-related recommendations based on their analysis; assist with entering in requisitions and payments requests; and reconcile payments to ensure spending is in compliance with federal and state guidance, as well as BHCC policy. Specific duties will include:
- Assist with quarterly and annual federal HEERF fund reporting to ensure compliance with policies outlined by US DOE.
- Work with Cost Center Managers to prepare and analyze budget requests.
- Work with Cost Center Managers and Budget Director to create and update high-level analysis of trends and changes for the Associate Vice President of Administration & Finance and Vice President of Administration & Finance.
- Review existing fiscal processes, identify pain-points, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct variance analyses and produce summary of action items, and track completion of tasks.
- Learn and use multiple databases and tools to analyze current and historical budget information.
- Support peers in the Business Office, Payroll and Grants Management office by sharing information and assisting others with technical skills and analysis.
- Prepare financial reports to document transactions and prepare spending projections.
- Work with the Budget Director to improve reporting and forecasting process.
- Perform ad-hoc and special projects as directed.
- A bachelor's degree or higher with 1-2 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Interest in public service as demonstrated through education, work, or volunteer activities;
- Excellent analytical skills, including gathering, interpreting, and summarizing data;
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and respond to requests for data in a timely manner;
- Proven ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
**NOTE: This is a one-year full-time temporary position with potential to become permanent; the funding will be reconsidered in the next fiscal year**
Salary Range: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00
Review Date: To ensure consideration, application materials must be received by August 27, 2021