Job location: Charlottesville, VA Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic, and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair, and maintenance of UVa’s buildings, infrastructure, and grounds, in addition to managing capital construction and renovation for University-owned and leased properties. FM's Occupational Programs has an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator.
The Occupational Programs Coordinator position supports the work of all OP teams through outreach, design, coordination techniques, and evaluation of programs, with logistical support for the established outreach programs and events, both internal and external.
Outreach, design, coordination techniques, and evaluation responsibilities include statistical databases (creation/reporting), data analysis & data management, document control, training program logistics, incident program assistance, LMS knowledge, communication plans, Apprenticeship Program collaboration/foundational support, health & safety assistance, and PPE program support.
- Document management based on OP filing system & ISO standards
- Provide program-related reports to leadership
- Promote mutual understanding & cooperation among teams and individuals
- Ability to develop plans & strategies to advance our initiative, track program records & incorporate feedback
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Skills and abilities needed:
- Ability to prepare documents/reports using multiple software applications (word processing, spreadsheets, creating tables/charts, presentations, graphic based media & memoranda)
- Attention to detail & ability to oversee progress (time management & deadlines) & execute tasks cohesively and record activity through all stages with co-workers & external customers
- Advanced/proficient computer software applications skills, for example: MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Adobe: Pro, InDesign, Illustrator
- Ability to develop, creatively plan, and manage OP programs and participants
- Ability to develop internal & external formal communications and marketing promotions
- Ability to express requirements & expectations to a wide range of individuals
- Ability to maintain strong relationships
- Interpersonal, team management, decision-making and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability of coordination techniques (sound planning, defined objectives, maintaining/formation of committees or equivalent, awareness of policies & programs, communication plans, managing & allocating time, executing stages for a larger project for a manager)
- General administrative support (meeting management, scheduling, outreach planning & support) skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The salary range for this position is $45,000-50,000.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Six years of experience. Bachelor's degree may substitute for experience and is highly preferred. Also preferred, at least one year of experience & proficiency in outreach/oversight of programs, including technical skills, planning strategies, analytical & decision-making abilities, organizational structure, and effective communication.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
Please apply through Workday, and search for "R0025776.” Complete an application online and include all required documents – including a resume/CV and cover letter. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile. Preference will be given to applications received by July 23, 2021 The selected applicant will be required to complete a background check prior to their first day of employment per University policy. The position also requires a health screen. Please no email or phone call inquires. For questions about the application process please contact: Michele Jarman, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
The University of Virginia expects all current and new employees (UVA Health System and Academic), to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
If hired to work within the University Health System, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination.
If hired to work on the Academic side of the University, excluding the School of Medicine, School of Nursing, UPG, and the Health Systems Library, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to submit to mandatory, weekly prevalence testing. Employees that are working 100% remotely will not be subject to weekly prevalence testing; however, if the employee works on UVA Grounds (including the Medical Center) even intermittently, then they are required to be tested for COVID-19 once per week on an indefinite basis and follow masking mandates.
NOTE: Some medical and safety-sensitive positions require vaccination and are not eligible for an exemption. For more information on how the vaccination and testing requirements will apply to you at your work location, see the UVA New Hire Vaccination Requirements webpage.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.