Assistant Track and Field CoachUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Open to AllJob Type:
$3,000Job Category :
ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
• Skill in communication and public relationsPreferred Qualifications:
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
• Proven success in the recruitment of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes
• Knowledge of general university policies and procedures
• Ability to prepare and conduct training for track and field student-athletes
• Bachelors’ degreeJob Description:
• Additional consideration will be given to candidates that possess a Masters’ degree
• Previous collegiate Track and Field experience as a coach or student-athlete
Texas State University, a member of the Sun Belt Conference, is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Track and Field Coach, Distance Events. This position is a 12-month appointment, full-time benefits eligible position.Job Duties:
The Assistant Coach’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the direct and independent coaching and skills development of student-athletes, specifically distance, during practice and meets, the assessment and recruitment of prospective student-athletes, development of the annual training program for distance events, serve as Meet Director for all home meets, organize team travel and equipment inventory, participation in public relations, marketing and fundraising for the track and field program and the athletic department, monitoring the academic progress of track and field student athletes, and complying with NCAA, Sun Belt Conference and Texas State University rules and regulations.Job Open Date:
07/14/2021Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
07/30/2021Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, SaturdayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Why work @ Texas State? :
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents! Quick Link:
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.