The Division of Administration and Finance invites applicants to apply for a full-time, exempt position with full benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Reporting to the Vice President for Administration and Finance, the Director of Campus Infrastructure and Capital Planning primary responsibility will be day-to-day management and evaluation of the University of Maryland Eastern Shore capital design and construction projects and programs. The Director shall develop strategies to ensure effective evaluation and reporting of respective project goals are met about program, budget, and schedule projections. The Director is also responsible to maintain consistent and proactive communication with internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient project management.
- Directs the preparation of university master plans, utility master plans, climate action plans, renewable and sustainable energy plans, and hazard mitigation plans, etc.
- Directs the planning and coordination of the university master plan and other facility comprehensive strategic plans; physical development plans and policy, and the management of capital improvement projects.
- Advise, plan, direct and manage all aspects of the College's capital improvement and deferred maintenance programs.
- Maintain control of the budget, schedules, and quality assurance, strengthen and oversee project delivery methods and systems, and clarify responsibilities and accountability in planning, design, construction, and management.
- Supervises space inventory system, space analysis, and the determination of spatial needs of the faculty, staff, and students.
- Develop sound project management criteria including negotiating, awarding, and evaluating vendor contracts or service agreements.
- Direct and manage preventative maintenance programs, repair and renovation programs for all buildings, grounds, and athletic fields upkeep.
- Other duties as assigned.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of all Facilities staff, contractors, vendors, etc.
- Develop/maintain cohesive working relationships with Facilities staff, which includes hiring, training, and terminations.
- Manage and monitor the infrastructure condition of campus buildings and 1,100 acres of land including athletics fields, parking lots, and solar fields.
- Direct the daily maintenance and preventative maintenance of all University property.
- Oversees property and buildings for safety and code adherence.
- Advise senior management on all matters about project risk liability, cost, and scheduling.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Engineering, or a related degree.
- Experience in Facilities Management in a higher education setting and prior knowledge of project management including planning, design, construction management, cost estimating, and budgets.
- Three years of supervisory experience in motivating, training, appraising, and directing the efforts of professional and technical staff in a maintenance/plant-related position.
- Master’s degree in one of the areas preferred or a Master’s Degree in engineering, architecture, safety, construction management, or related fields.
- Must possess leadership ability and team-building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff and interact with all levels of management.
- Must be proficient in computer applications and the ability to use facility management programs, spreadsheet software, AutoCAD, and other related software.
- Must be knowledgeable in the areas of environmental issues, planning, water, and air quality, and public safety.
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with safety practices in an academic, production/construction, or laboratory environment desired.
- Possession of registration or licensure in Architecture or Engineering in the State of MD such as AIA, PE, etc. is desired.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three current, professional references to include e-mail address and telephone number. All applicants must apply using the new online application system. Please visit http://umes.peopleadmin.com to apply. The successful candidate must be able to accept employment in the United States without Employer Immigration sponsorship.
UMES is an EEO/AA employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate must be able to show acceptable documentation establishing the right to accept employment in the United States of America without employer sponsorship.