Program Manager, City ConnectsJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University, in partnership with City Connects, seeks a grant-funded, full-time Program Manager. Reporting directly to the Director of the City Connects Technical Assistance Center, the Program Manager promotes our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing leadership in the areas of program implementation, professional development, and supervision to 43 schools implementing the City Connects model across Indiana and Ohio. City Connects is a school-based student support, collaboration program among schools, community agencies, and Boston College. The City Connects program is an innovative model of systemic student support implemented in K-12 schools in Indianapolis. City Connects personnel assess the strengths and needs of each student in the school and connect students with a tailored set of supports and resources from inside and outside the school
*This Posting Represents 3 Vacancies.*
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Recruit and support the hiring of school-based coordinators who are conducting the work of City Connects with schools and students;
- Provide professional development and coaching on the City Connects model of student support for coordinators within each school;
- Supervise and support the evaluation of coordinators at each school;
- Monitor the fidelity of implementation of the City Connects model of student support at each school;
- Collaborate with principals and other school leaders to support coordinators in the delivery of the model;
- Assist in developing and maintaining community agency relationships through events, communications and committees;
- Support the collection of high-quality student support data and utilize data to monitor progress;
- Communicate on a regular basis with the larger City Connects organization on policy, practice, and implementation of the City Connects model of student support.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and background:
- Master’s degree in human services, education, or related field;
- Knowledge of schools;
- Supervisory experience;
- Community outreach experience;
- Cultural competency working with diverse urban communities.
- Strong leadership skills;
- School-based experience;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Ability to write and manage grants;
- Experience managing inter-agency partnerships;
- Fluency in a second language.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: Posting Number:
P069SNumber of Vacancies:
3Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Quick Link for Internal Postings:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: