Assistant Director of Online AdmissionsJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks an Assistant Director of Online Admissions to promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by increasing the online prospective student funnel, and converting the prospects into new students. With the goal to increase student enrollment, the Assistant Director of Online Admissions is responsible for relationship building and prospective student lead generation for Business, Paralegal, and Health and Human Services students. New student enrollment goals and prospect conversion goals will be established at the start of each fiscal (academic) year. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Explore new audience development channels.
- Seek out new ways to encourage corporate participation and lead generation for online programs by contacting businesses and churches with the purpose of disseminating information about the program to employees.
- Connect with prospective student inquiries through phone calls, text messaging, emails and other direct forms of communication in a timely manner.
- Conducts information sessions and one-on-one appointments for prospective students. Sessions may include evaluating transfer credit, completing a degree plan, aiding in the application process, assisting students with course selection and registration and answering questions about the university.
- Provide and support follow up to students through the application process to make sure students and completing steps and needs to be able to problem solve when issues arise.
- Develop and implements grassroots outreach initiatives. Represents online programs through various outreach efforts including informational seminars and other appropriate marketing programs for the purpose of recruiting adult students for online programs and increasing the awareness of Marian University.
- Coordinates additional student recruitment activities including event management.
- Maintains a good, working relationship with the following Marian University offices: Online academic programs office, other Marian admissions offices, financial aid, business office, registrar and other partners.
- Notifies department leadership of any situations that arise which may jeopardize or negatively impact the goals and objectives of the program.
- Keeps current with Marian University policies.
- Updates marketing reports on a weekly basis.
- Attends departmental and interdepartmental meetings, coordinates projects, and serves on university committees as assigned.
- Prepares and submits reports, and performs additional duties as needed or requested by department leadership.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in recruitment, marketing, sales or public relations is necessary. Experience working for an educational institution / non-profit in admissions/marketing would be beneficial.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills are extremely important in this position.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong time management skills, strong computer skills (spreadsheet, word processing and database software) and analytical abilities are needed for this position.
- Ability to demonstrate self-motivation and an assertive personality.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality of office and student information.
- Ability to articulate issues and policies, negotiate, foster consensus, and solve problems.
- Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities and work in an environment of constant deadlines, frequent interruptions and pressure. Recall varied and complex information.
- Achieve predetermined enrollment / recruitment / retention goals.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: Posting Number:
P066SNumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Quick Link for Internal Postings:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: