Director of City Connects Technical Assistance CenterJob Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University, in partnership with City Connects, seeks a full-time Technical Assistance (TA) Center Director based in Indianapolis, Indiana to realize the City Connects vision in the Midwest region. The Director will promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by providing leadership in the areas of program implementation, professional development, and supervision to schools implementing the City Connects model. The Director will play an integral role in developing the new regional TA center, starting with schools in Indiana with the goal of expanding TA support to Ohio and other states in the Midwest over time. Under the direction of Marian University, the Director will provide technical assistance to City Connects Program Managers who in turn provide professional development to City Connects coordinators who implement City Connects within schools. This position will promote Marian University’s Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by its primary responsibilities including comprehensive student support implementation and programming, leadership and professional development, strategic expansion, community networking and partnerships and school-wide direction and collaboration. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Lead and oversee a local center that serves as a hub for the expansion and implementation of the City Connects practice of student support for the Midwest region;
- Recruit and support the hiring of City Connects Program Managers;
- Provide professional development and coaching on the City Connects model of student support for program managers;
- Supervise and support the evaluation of program managers in the Midwest region;
- Monitor the fidelity of implementation of the City Connects model of student support in the Midwest region;
- Participate in state-wide meetings and networks that address the out-of-school barriers to learning;
- Seek and develop local policy, funding and media relationships in the region;
- Seek and lead grant development opportunities for continued expansion;
- Develop and maintain a professional learning community for City Connects implementation sites in the region;
- Promote the larger City Connects organization’s goals related to policy, practice, and implementation of the City Connects model of student support;
- Lead local community building initiatives to strengthen community partnerships;
- Develop and maintain a network of practice among school leaders in the region;
- Support the schools within the City Connects network along the continuum of implementation.
The ideal candidates will possess the following qualities and experience:
- Master’s degree in human services, education, or related field;
- Knowledge of schools;
- Program management experience;
- Supervisory experience;
- Community outreach experience;
- Cultural competency working with diverse urban communities.
- Strong leadership skills;
- School-based experience;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Experience managing inter-agency partnerships;
- Ability to write and manage grants;
- Communication skills via a second language.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: Posting Number:
P068SNumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Quick Link for Internal Postings:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: