The IT Campus Partnerships Department provides customer focused support for a wide variety of technology resources campus-wide, at the University of Denver. Through a combination of distributed IT staff, tiered support and a call center, this customer centric department collaborates with campus partners to manage, maintain, and support the infrastructures for the multi-dimensional ways needed to support teaching, learning, events, and the day-to-day business operations at the University.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Media Services and IT Field Support, this position is responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of a variety of technology systems and solutions. This position requires a deep understanding of infrastructure, excellent customer service, and knowledge of the essential tools required to support the DU community.
This position is responsible for providing analysis, research, implementation, and support of information technology environments; managing and maintaining various operating system installations, configurations, monitoring, and maintenance: providing technical support for users; and utilizing strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate situations to make recommendations and prompt, effective corrective action.
- Responds to complex technical and workstation support requests from users and technical staff. Identifies, prioritizes and provides software and hardware technical assistance. Tests, troubleshoots, and optimizes performance.
- Assists with identification, design, installation, operation and maintenance of hardware and software applications.
- Computer-related course work or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- 5 or more years of progressive technology experience.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop administration.
- Experience in supporting technologies in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Exchange, LDAP authentication, and VMWare VM/VDI deployments.
- Bachelors degree.
- Proficient understanding of a variety of operating systems, software, and hardware.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Any of the following certifications: Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) certification, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) certification, Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) certification, Dell desktop and laptop hardware repair certifications.
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft Exchange, LDAP authentication, and VMWare VM/VDI deployments.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, July 29th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 10.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $70,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.