Cottleville, MO, USA Employment Type:
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
St. Charles Community College is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician who will performs a variety of semi-skilled construction, electrical, plumbing and HVAC modification and repair activities. This position is responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, and repair of college equipment.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Electrical- Knowledge of up to 480 electrical, troubleshoots and repairs of (120/208/277) systems.
- Plumbing-Troubleshoots and repairs basic plumbing problems, solders copper pipe, repairs pvc, black iron and galvanized pipe, installs plumbing fixtures, knowledge of brazing.
- Carpentry- Troubleshoots and repairs minor furniture, flooring, doors and hardware.
- HVAC-Troubleshoots and repairs basic problems.
- Performs general painting activities including patching, tapping and painting of drywall.
- Assists in snow removal and the training of Tech Assistance, performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs preventative maintenance of electrical, plumbing, HVAC equipment.
- Performs inventory of and requisition parts as required.
- Tracks repairs and maintenance.
- Performs set-up of equipment for maintenance.
- Operates campus vehicles as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent with at least three years experience in HVAC preferred; strong electrical background preferred; including electrical pneumatic and computer controls, must be able to troubleshoot, repair, replace, and install mechanical equipment from schematics/blueprints, and three-phase motors. St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.