13-Jul-2021 to 27-Jul-2021 (EST) Campus Safety Boca Raton, FL, USA $15.39 Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Campus Safety Dispatcher.
The Campus Safety Dispatcher receives and responds to telephone and radio calls and dispatches staff to routine and emergency situations. Monitors all alarms and surveillance equipment and assists the public with information as needed. Engage students, employees and guest in a welcoming and engaging manner to promote a high level of customer service and enhance their overall experience on campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Receives calls and dispatches appropriate personnel to respond. Calls or alarms may originate by telephone call, personal request, radio, or through monitoring activity on the CCTV monitors.Receive and distribute phone calls, e-mails and pass-on information to the appropriate parties.Manage all radio transmissions and ensure the system is functioning properly. Responsible for all written communication and their accuracies.Serves as the primary link between Campus Safety and local emergency response units.Responsible for overall dispatch office management (i.e. supplies, forms and operational manuals)Responsible for preparing and ensuring the daily activity log (Morning Report) is submitted accurately and that the distribution of Incident Reports to selected administrators is completed accurately.Responsible for monitoring, interacting, reporting, and having a working knowledge of all access control (C-Cure), Alert/Mass Communications (Connect Ed), and CCTV's (Indigo Vision) systems.
- Engage students, employees and guest in a welcoming and engaging manner to promote a high level of customer service and enhance their overall experience on campus.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to obtain certification in First Aid, CPR and AED.
- Must have clean driving record.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel. Must have the ability to type between 30 and 40 words per minute.
- Must be able to speak and communicate clearly, Spanish helpful.
- Must possess Time Management and crisis management skills.
- Must have the ability to listen and speak to people by radio and phone, often in some state of distress. The ability to listen, speak plainly and communicate effectively will be necessary.
- Must be able to multitask (the ability to move a lot of people around at the same time, tracking their movements and keeping tabs on what they need).
- Must possess strong problem-solving Skills (the ability to be able to prioritize the most important situations, and think quickly).
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.