Job location: Fort Lauderdale Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10702 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Arts & Letters at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
The School of Communication and Multimedia Studies is looking to fill the position of Multimedia Production Resource Technician, located at FAU’s Fort Lauderdale Campus. SCMS has 100+ computers across several media production labs that require continued service and maintenance. SCMS also offers several production courses that utilize the labs, studio, and the film, video, audio, lighting, etc., equipment both in and out of class time. At times, SCMS serves 400+ students in two Multimedia Studies BA tracks and one MFA track. Multimedia Production Resource Technician will work closely with students as well as 6+ full-time SCMS faculty members.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Film, video, audio, VR equipment management and repair.
- Equipment liaison between faculty and undergraduate/graduate students.
- Liaison between OIT (Office of Information Technology) for SCMS at the Fort Lauderdale campus.
- Liaison between other academic units such as Graphic Design and Architecture.
- Provide equipment demonstrations and workshops when necessary for SCMS.
- Software updates, replacement, and installation for media lab workstations.
- Hardware updates, replacement, and installation for media lab workstations.
- Peripheral repair, replacement, and installation for media lab workstations.
- Firmware updates to digital media equipment.
- Network synchronization.
- Media lab and production studio monitoring and access.
- Lab cleanliness.
- Equipment warranty registration and renewal.
- Equipment returns for major repair or replacement.
- Equipment manufacturer liaison.
- Organize and distribute media production equipment equitably and effectively.
- Enforce SCMS equipment and resource policies when necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Strong organization skills.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Valid driver's license.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Asset Tiger, and other software packages associated with logging and cataloging.
Knowledge of both PC and Apple operating systems.
Knowledge of 4K+/HD digital film technologies, surround sound audio technologies, recording equipment, lighting technology, stabilizers, VR, technology, immersive media technologies, etc.
General knowledge in areas of film, video, audio, art, journalism, animation, or communication.Salary:
$10.00 per hourCollege or Department:
College of Arts & LettersLocation:
Fort LauderdaleWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.Application Deadline:
2021-07-27-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Temporary positions are not established positions and are paid from OPS funds. Temporary positions are usually not eligible for benefits and retirement; however, they may be eligible for health insurance coverage depending on the average hours worked per week. They provide full-time or part-time employment in an exempt or non-exempt employment situation based on job duties and salary in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Temporary positions do not have layoff rights and may be terminated without prior notice. Applicants hired into Temporary positions may apply for a regular appointment should a vacancy become available.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.