Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10554 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Electronic Security Technician, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Performs installation of closed-circuit television systems, access control and other various security related systems in order to increase functionality and usability. Installs cable, wiring, end devices and testing before turning over to end user. Transports a variety of items (e.g. ladders, tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site. Utilizes computer to identify, name and program cameras.
- Performs service of closed-circuit television systems, access control and other various security related systems, including upgrades and additions to these systems in order to increase functionality and usability. Evaluates, diagnoses, troubleshoots systems and perform repairs as necessary. Utilizes computer to program clearances, points, doors etc.
- Provides locksmith services to the university by installing, repairing, inspecting, and combining mechanical, electric-mechanical, electronic locking and monitoring devices and door hardware. Plans code set-ups and determines key codes to safeguard university equipment and buildings by minimizing the use of master keys.
- Prepares documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats (e.g. daily paperwork/log, time and materials, key and material records, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support in compliance with regulations and/or conveying information.
- Assists other trade personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities (i.e. coordination with electricians, locksmith, and carpenters). Attends meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions. Also assists in the development of training programs for employees. Coordinates with administration and other trades for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently. Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items.
- Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns.
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of related experience required.
Experience in the termination and testing of CAT5/5e/6.
Experience servicing, integrating, and programming access control systems, CCTV systems, and intrusion systems.
Experience in installation of cabling for above systems in an office/university setting.
Understanding of Windows operating systems and overall IT network topology.
Able to operate hand and power tools.
Capable of lifting up to 50lbs. and work on ladder heights of up to 16’.
Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns.Salary:
$15.04 - $25.00 per hourCollege or Department:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Occasional evenings, weekends and holidays may be required.Application Deadline:
2021-07-27-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected]
, prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected]
to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.