Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10698 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Arts & Letters at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Program Assistant, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct monthly departmental budget reviews and audits to appraise the department’s chair of its status while ensuring that accounts (Grants, Foundation and Auxiliary) are used appropriately.
- Maintain budgets for lab and technology fees.
- Process purchase requisitions, prepare change orders, approve invoices, create spend authorizations, expense reports, and reimbursements including travel for the department chair, faculty, and staff and purchase office supplies.
- Prepare compensation including Period Activity Pay for OPS, faculty overload and stipends.
- Monitor payroll bi-weekly, procure office and printer supplies.
- Process honoraria and coordinate visits for guest speakers and artists.
- Post vacant positions to the university website and external websites.
- Prepare job requisition for new positions and initiate the background checks for adjuncts, temporary employees, and student employees.
- Prepare employment letters for adjuncts.
- Provide information to new hires on FAU’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor vacation leave and sick leave application submission and approval process.
- Coordinate and promote artist talks, and gallery events.
- Manage the department’s calendar, reserve conference rooms, classrooms, and outdoor facility for events.
- Grant buildings access to faculty, adjuncts, staff, and graduate students.
- Assign office space to faculty and adjuncts.
- Monitor the schedules of the labs, manage work orders, and minor projects requests.
- Report security issues associated with the classrooms, faculty offices, and the general area to the police.
- Authorize parking permits through the Parking and Transportation Services for new hires.
- Responsible for managing administrative duties in the Department of English, including general office management, supervising student workers, and assisting the Chair with administrative demands of the department. Assist with faculty related assignments such as requesting classroom change and model schedules.
- Process and dispatch academic documents including but not limited to class roll discrepancy forms, book lists, and Independent Study lists in conjunction with the Scheduling Department in a timely manner.
- Liaison person for providing information on the program to internal and external clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent and four years of appropriate experience required. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:
$13.00 - $16.50 per hourCollege or Department:
College of Arts & LettersLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Application Deadline:
2021-07-27-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected]
, prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected]
to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.