Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10714 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Engineering & Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Director, Technical Services Group, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Assist faculty, staff and students in setting up and running computer systems in research labs, offices, and general student areas.
- Relocate and set up computer equipment.
- Responsible for continuation of operations for the college, including backup and recovery.
- Maintain a high level of security for the college's computing operations.
- Assist in identifying computing resources needed for research for inclusion in grant applications.
- Primary inventory manager for computer hardware and software.
- Develop new computing resources for the college.
- Provide support to the Assistant Director, Graphic Design and Marketing with managing the college web site and ensuring compliance of web sites managed by departments, centers, and individuals.
- Visit satellite campuses and locations to review IT support.
- Train student assistants assigned to work with the Technical Services Group.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the college and OIT (Office of Information Technology – Central IT team), and work with other college IT groups to enhance the university's computing infrastructure.
- Work with IT groups on satellite campuses to provide support for College of Engineering and Computer Science personnel.
- Work with college and university partners to share computing resources.
- Provide management and support for the implementation of new and innovative computer related technologies.
- Supervise the Technical Services Group staff and manage the computing resources of the College of Computer Engineering and Computer Science.
- Serve in work groups and committees that pertain to computing and information technology.
- Lifting and moving computer equipment.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution and six years of appropriate experience; or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and eight years of appropriate experience required.
Candidate should also possess the following skills:
• Experience administering Windows and Linux systems.
• Experience administering LANs and Wireless Networks.
• Experience using public cloud infrastructure (e.g., Azure, AWS).
• Experience with Operating Systems and Desktop virtualization technologies.
• Experience with Active Directory Domain, DNS and DHCP.
• Experience applying best practices for network security.
• Basic Project Management experience.
• Experience managing other technical staff.
• Preferable experience collaborating with researchers on grants (e.g. Data Management Plans, Data Use Agreements, Engineering of IT resources).Salary:
$100,000 - $120,000College or Department:
College of Engineering & Computer ScienceLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.Application Deadline:
2021-07-27-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.