FINANCIAL MANAGER,ENG College of Engineering, Biomedical Engineering Tracking Code7069 Job Description
The Boston University has an exciting opportunity for an experienced financial manager to support the groundbreaking research programs of our top ten Biomedical Engineering (BME) Department. The BME Department is educating a diverse student population to address a diverse set of biomedical engineering challenges. This position is responsible for advising and assisting the director and assigned faculty with the development, submission, and execution of sponsored research budgets; management of assigned financial accounts; and communicating with other university administrative offices
- Preparing budgets and all administrative parts of sponsored Program applications
- Approve all expenditures for cognizant accounts including payroll actions, supply, and capital equipment purchases
- Build and analyze financial reports, make projections for trends, and present the results of data analysis to Principal Investigators (PIs) and the Director
- Apply the guidelines from granting agencies and university policies to budgets and expenditures to ensure compliance
The Boston University Biomedical Engineering Department is among the largest of its kind in the country. Founded in 1966, BU-BME was among the first to offer a bachelor's degree in the subject area. Today, we offer a full suite of undergraduate and graduate degrees and are consistently ranked among the top BME departments in the nation. The faculty are passionate about applying engineering, computational, and analytical techniques to biological systems from the nanoscale level of DNA to the macroscopic level of organ systems.
- Bachelors's degree is required; experience with grant administration of varied granting agencies including NIH, NSF, and DOD in a higher education environment and familiarity with SAP preferred
- 1-3 years of experience
- MS Office proficiency â€¢excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular