ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR, College of Arts & Sciences, Math & Statistics Tracking Code3541 Job Description
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the daily administrative operations of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics as well as core financial operations. The Administrative Coordinator will support the financial administration of the department and is primarily responsible for all purchasing, travel coordination, expense report preparation, and expense encumbrances.
Daily operational management includes:
- Supervising and delegating tasks to student employees
- Organizing departmental events, meetings, and seminars
- Serving as initial point of contact for general questions from visitors, faculty, staff, and students
- Bachelor's degree required and 1-3 years of administrative experience
- Consistently positive attitude and professional demeanor, attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and remain flexible as priorities arise
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels internal and external to the department
- Demonstrate professional manner, tact, and diplomacy, readiness to take on responsibility and willingness to pitch in and help others, strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook & Excel
- Experience with budgets and financial planning preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular