Beloit College seeks to create learning environments, both in and out of the classroom, where students achieve their full intellectual, personal, social, emotional and athletic potential. Within a college empowering students to “…lead fulfilling lives marked by high achievement…”, the Department of Athletics seeks to provide athletic experiences that are defined by excellence. Through varsity competition, Beloit College’s Department of Athletics offers a full array of athletic opportunities to the College’s 1,100 students, approximately 40% of whom are varsity student-athletes.
The Athletic Department Office Manager coordinates the department’s business-related activities, including preparing and managing budgets, making travel arrangements, and managing game and event contracts; coordinates and supports departmental events, fundraisers, and meetings; serves as administrative assistant to the Director of Athletics; and serves as the face of the Department for current students and for prospective students and their families. Members of the Department, including the Office Manager, are expected to be thoughtfully and actively involved in advancing the college’s vision of being an anti-racist institution.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate departmental business activities
- Collaborates with all campus partners to ensure smooth management of nineteen intercollegiate athletic programs, and of the department as a
- Manage department and program budgets, scheduling, eligibility, and
- Manage procedures for preparing the annual Athletics Department
- Compile budget estimate information for athletics program operations and special projects as requested.
- Develop, maintain, and review financial reports for the Department of
- Process all expenses and income including credit card reconciliation forms, payment requisitions, deposits etc. for all nineteen varsity sports as well as the Athletic Department and Athletic Training.
- Manage and reconcile revenues derived from the Department of Athletics, Sports Center Operations, and donations, making deposits to the appropriate
- Manage and reconciles advances and deposits for various cash accounts, including petty cash, concession income, marketing revenues,
- Work directly with coaches and administration to prepare and execute game/contest and special event contracts. Prepare and reconcile individual financial reports from the
- Assist in the coordination of apparel sales and
- Schedule all usable facilities within the Sports Center & Strong Stadium Complex for varsity sports, intramurals, clubs, professors &
- Manage Sports Center Public
- Work with Assistant Director of Athletics to manage administrative aspects of all NCAA Midwest Conference eligibility for all nineteen sports.
- Work with the Director of College Events to coordinator all external rentals of all Sports Center and Strong Stadium Complex.
- Game and travel management
- Coordinates payment for Officials/UmpiresCoordinates transportation arrangements for nineteen intercollegiate programs.
Coordinate and support departmental events, fundraisers and meetings
- Produce and oversee the Buc Open annual golf outing. Promote the event with stakeholders (alumni, business people, parents of students). Work with a local venue to host the event. Organize invitations and registration of participants and sponsors. Greet and host
- Assist with the production of the Midwest Conference Meetings, Homecoming, Senior Athlete Awards ceremony, Athletic Hall of Honor and other special events as
- Assist with 1889 Council events/meetings and other large events such as the Beloit Perform general office management
- Serve as administrative assistant to the Director of Athletics. Participate as a member of the Director’s Athletic Department Leadership
- Greet and direct recruits and their families, visitors to the department, and provides information as requested by phone or in-person.
- Greet alumni as they visit or return for special
- Manage an office student
- Work closely with Security and Physical Plant on security, safety and maintenance
- Perform routine clerical
- Order and maintain office supplies, equipment, computers, and
- Oversee the maintenance of the copier and other office
- Maintain appropriate departmental files and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Evening and weekend hours are sometimes required
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous administrative secretarial
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
Posting Date07/14/2021Closing Dateuntil filledOfficeAthleticsHow to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Begin Your Application