Medical Illustrator Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Minimum Requirements Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Medical Illustration with experience in related fieldKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate dignity and respect for patient and family knowledge, values, beliefs, and cultural background in the planning and delivery of care.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Provides information sharing, ensuring patients and families receive timely, complete, and accurate information in order to effectively participate in care and decision-making.
- Encourages patient and family participation in care and decision-making at the level they choose.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Promotes collaboration with patients and families in policy and program development, implementation, and evaluation in health care facility design, professional education, and delivery of care.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to all constituents including, but not limited to, patients, students, faculty and staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Responsibilities The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create illustrations that will be used to enhance the quality of publications prepared by faculty members in the Department of Neurosurgery
- Create illustrations that will be used to improve the quality of Department of Neurosurgery Website
- Create illustrations that will be used in presentations delivered by faculty member
- Assist with website design
- Create animation to enhance websites and Powerpoint presentations
- Assist with the publication of the departmental newsletter
- Perform same duties for Dept of Neurology when needed. Funding to be taken care of through effort reporting
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F **Work outside of the normal business hours may be required.**
Pay Grade: 15 Salary: $38,913/annually - $52,533/annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 7/14/21 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.