Administrative Assistant 2 Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and 4 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative support positions, OR High School Diploma/GED or equivalent from a recognized state or federal accrediting organization or and 7 years directly applicable and progressively responsible administrative experience.
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as exemplary telephone etiquette, for communication with Assistant Dean, Directors, Chairs, DCG Dean, staff, students, patients and external visitors.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Computer literate, organizational skills, familiar with dental terms, communication skills, detailed, multi-task abilities, prioritize, networking, time-management, self-motivated, independent, confidential, meet deadlines and customer service skills.Preferred Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in related field with 1 year administrative support experience at the executive level.Responsibilities This position under general supervision, provides administrative support to an executive of a major department or division, often of a complex and confidential nature. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the administrative processing of screened patients. Assist the doctor in the administrative coding of screened patients. Ensure screened patients record have been appropriately completed and ready for assignment. This also includes ensuring screening doctor/s have entered notes and billable charges.
- Facilitate and manage the state dental board licensure exams. Responsible for coordination for the State Board Dental Testing Service, which requires weekend work approximately 6 times per year. Coordinate for staffing, food, classrooms and conference rooms. Work with DCG facility manager, vendors, electrical, elevator staff, housekeeping and engineering regarding setup for the exam. Work with internal and external candidates for facility fees, directions and tours. Work with all dental assistants, central sterilization staff and the dispensary staff regarding any needs before or during the exam. Collect facility and/or orientation course fees and prepare deposit for submission to Director for Business operations, working with Assistant Dean regarding all financial arrangements and issue involved.
- Assist in the assignment of screened patients to dental students. After the PCC's have approved a student's request for a new patient, this position will match the requested needs with those in the screening pool. After the match is made they will assign the patient to the students.
- Provide administrative support for Lead PCC's and Assistant Dean of Patient Services. Run clinical and progress reports for Lead PCC's and Assistant Dean of Patient Services. Provide educational support to the Assistant Dean of Patient Services in those courses that he is the course director. Assist the PCC's in annual training development for the students' orientation and as needed throughout the academic year. Assist the Dean of Patient Services in clinical training and annual training development for faculty, residents, students and staff. Maintain and scribe meeting minutes for meetings that the Dean of Patient Services is responsible for.
- Maintain accurate inventory records for all equipment in Patient Services. Responsible for annual equipment inventory and space inventory audits for department.
- Provide administrative support for the Clinical Director Quality Assurance and Patient Acquisition (CDQAPA). Assist in clinical audit reports and audit information management. Assist the CDQAPA in the development of training materials and communication of audit findings to appropriate departments and individuals. Ensure readiness in the areas or audits and quality assurance for accreditation.
- Other Duties as assigned
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-FPay Grade: 12Salary: $15.06/hr Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 7/13/2021 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. Compliance with AU Confidentiality Policies:
- All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.
Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University/ AU Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.