College Counselor (Part-time) (Remote/Tele-Counseling)* *Must reside in PA
- Juniata College
- Huntingdon, PA
- Administrative Jobs
- Student Affairs, Counseling
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
College Counselor (Part-time) (Remote/Tele-Counseling)* *Must reside in PAPosting Number:
Part Time/TemporaryKey Responsibilities :
Support an increasingly diverse student body to address personal, academic and social stressors, including navigating a PWI as a racially under-represented person, mental health and wellness, racial trauma, and PTSD through remote tele-counseling contact with clients and related services and interactions. August 15, 2020 start date.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides crisis, short-term, and longer-term outpatient mental health and/or substance abuse therapy and case management.
• Provides therapy using individual, family, couple and/or group modalities.
• Assists clients in identifying community resources and making appropriate referrals per request and identified need of the individual.
• Maintains appropriate professional records on each client and communicates client information in a confidential and professional manner.
• Provide consultation services to faculty, staff, parents/family and students to enhance personal development and wellness.
• Develops and implements individualized treatment plan and behavioral goals, consulting with Counseling Services and contracted psychiatric team as appropriate.
• Informs Administrative Lead of any difficulties relating to patient satisfaction, treatment issues, procedural concerns, and other departmental or public relations concerns.
• Assures that all office procedures, policies, and required reports are developed, followed and completed in a timely fashion.
• Works with the Administrative Lead to contribute to annual goals and objectives for Juniata Counseling Services.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Paid hourly, no benefits
• 5-10 hours weekly as arranged
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us…
It is the policy of Juniata College to conduct background checks.
• Master’s degree in clinical/counseling psychology or social work.
• Comfortability and/or experiences with remote or tele-counseling of clients.
• Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
• Successful completion of background checks.
* MUST RESIDE IN PENNSYLVANIA
Operates within established regulations and procedures of Juniata Counseling Services. Reports directly to the Counseling Services Administrative Lead, and indirectly to the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students.Preferred Qualifications:
See position QualificationsSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please complete the on-line applicationOpen Date:
06/16/2020Open Until Filled:
Working at Juniata College
Juniata College's mission is to provide an engaging personalized educational experience empowering our students to develop the skills, knowledge and values that lead to a fulfilling life of service and ethical leadership in the global community.
Founded in 1876, Juniata is a national liberal arts college located in the scenic Allegheny Mountain region of central Pennsylvania and is the intellectual home for 1,600 students and nearly 14,000 alumni. The College ranks highly in the percentage of graduates that eventually earn doctoral degrees. Juniata integrates international, intercultural and global dimensions into its curriculum and experiential learning opportunities and was awarded the 2012 Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization. Juniata is known for the personal attention it gives to students and flexible areas of study (its Program of Emphasis resembles a major but is more flexible, encouraging students to design a program of study and justify their choices. About a third of Juniata students self-design their entire POE.) Each student is assigned two faculty advisers, and the average student-faculty ratio is 13:1.
Juniata is a very strong community where student involvement is paramount. There are no fraternities or sororities. The student clubs and organizations (over 90 currently) have a positive impact on the Juniata community and on the larger community of Huntingdon and the surrounding area.
Juniata College takes positive steps to enhance diversity in both its community and its curriculum. The College commits to this policy not because of legal obligations but because it fully believes that such practices are basic to human dignity. AA/EEO
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert