The University of Southern Indiana seeks applications for an Assistant Director of Admissions.
The Assistant Director of Admissions will assist in the development and implementation of all aspects of undergraduate recruitment and enrollment management.
- Assist with the development and administration of all admission policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development of the University’s marketing and recruitment plan.
- Coordinate with Associate Director of Admissions on a comprehensive recruitment and travel program in assigned territory.
- Work closely with the Office of the Registrar staff to ensure timely processing of files
- Assume general admissions responsibilities such as travel for recruitment purposes, reviewing admissions files, and giving admissions presentations on and off campus.
- Mediate relations between the College and incoming students, counseling staff members (e.g., at high schools, community colleges), and other relevant parties.
- Develop and propose strategic, innovative, and cost efficient programs in response to anticipated and emerging needs
- Establish and regularly monitor measurable goals and objectives to ensure that prospective students and applicants receive timely and exemplary service during the admissions process.
- Assist with the implementation and execution of strategic marketing and communication efforts for admissions.
- Assist with leadership in the day-to-day operation of the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Serve as liaison between faculty, administrators, and prospective students.
- Assist with the management of application review process.
- Serve as liaison to the Ivy Tech Community College system to ensure students have a seamless transfer experience from Ivy Tech to USI
- Oversee admissions process for undergraduate online completion programs such as RN to BSN program and others
- Collaborate with appropriate personnel to streamline the undergraduate online programs admissions process
- Coordinate with the Associate Director of Admissions to develop and implement processes to ensure general auditing
- Assist with other Admission Office responsibilities as directed by the Associate Director of Admissions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in college admission process, student affairs, academic advising, or student financial aid.
- Possess an understanding of student recruitment and marketing principles as they relate to University enrollment management.
- Ability to lead and interact with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to mentor beginning admission counselors.
- Ability take initiative, solve problems effectively, and promote a culture of superior customer service.
- Strong values for teamwork, and demonstrate the ability to function independently with a high level of accountability.
- Possess skills to motivate others to accomplish enrollment objectives.
- Strong communication skills including oral presentation and written.
- Strong customer service orientation required.
- Valid driver’s license, or alternate means of reliable transportation, required.
The University of Southern Indiana is a public higher education institution located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, IN. We offer employees exceptional benefits! Benefits for this position include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and short term and long-term disability insurance plans
- Retirement plan where the University makes the total contribution equivalent to 11% of annual salary
- Full tuition fee waiver for employees/75% for spouses and dependent children
- 15 paid vacation days per fiscal year – 20 days after five years of service at USI
- For more information about the benefits that USI offers, please visit www.usi.edu/hr/benefits
To apply, please follow the directions on our www.usi.edu/jobs page to log in or set up an account. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position which include (1) letter of application; (2) resume; (3) names and full contact information including e-mail addresses for three professional references; and (4) unofficial transcripts. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Mr. Rashad Smith, Search Committee Chair. Official transcripts will be required of finalists. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, the University of Southern Indiana considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or marital status, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other category protected by law or identified by the University as a protected class.