Roo Advising Office Support Assistant IV, 78693 Location:
UMKC Volker Campus Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Roo Advising (Academic Advising)
Roo Advising is the internal office that supports UMKC's undergraduate students with Academic Advising. This position will be responsible for a variety of administrative duties within Roo Advising.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating an atmosphere in a very busy office that supports the success of students, academic advisors and student workers
- Serving as the office receptionist; greeting and assisting students in person and by phone
- Providing information, assistance, and support to current and potential students to ensure their fulfillment of educational goals
- Maintaining department and student records
- Maintaining confidentiality of student and employee records and related processes
- Schedule meetings, take minutes at department meetings
- Hiring, training, and supervising work-study students and other student workers as assigned
- Preparing vouchers, reports, spreadsheets, travel forms
- Managing Biweekly/Monthly payroll
- Maintaining and ordering supplies and office equipment for faculty and department office; includes account reconciliation
- MAP (Major Academic Pathway) special projects as assigned
Good communication and customer relations skills are essential to this position and will be a primary consideration in hiring.
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- Work experience in higher education
- Work experience with students and student records and processes
- Work experience of supervising others
- Knowledge of human resources and equal opportunity employment practices
- Proficient knowledge of PeopleSoft systems as related to human resources and accounting
- Ability to learn and work with computer systems that house student information
- Working knowledge of Excel and ability to create spreadsheets for recording information
- Working knowledge of Outlook for calendar management and notification to attendees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Willingness to learn new programs and procedures
Full Time/Part Time
Pay range is $13.27 - 16.50 / hr commensurate with experience and education.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC Statement on Diversity
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.