Chief Diversity Officer
Posted on July 14, 2021.
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the part time position of Chief Diversity Officer. Under the direction of the College President, the Chief Diversity Officer leads the development and implementation of proactive diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives in support of the College’s strategic plan to create a learning and working environment where all have an opportunity to succeed. The Chief Diversity Officer position reports directly to the President. The Chief Diversity Officer champions the importance and value of a diverse and inclusive college environment and leads the development of a vision and effective strategy to create a culture for equity, diversity, and inclusion. The Chief Diversity Officer actively engages students, faculty, and staff to further behaviors, attitudes, and policies that support diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Chief Diversity Officer will collaborate with College stakeholders to assess potential barriers and develop strategies to recruit and retain a diverse workforce. The Chief Diversity Officer will also collaborate with college stakeholders to assess the need for, and recommend training initiatives on, cultural competency, gender differences, disability, sexual harassment, and other topics designed to increase awareness and support of equity and inclusion values, and maintaining compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Part-Time Position. Work hours shall be assigned by the President of the College and as needed to meet any programming schedule requirements and occasionally includes evening and weekend work.
- Position requires a Master’s Degree in Diversity Education, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, or related field.
- Professional work experience related to the position. Experience in a higher education setting is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and chair a campus-wide Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee
- Create, through collaboration with appropriate leaders across all key campus functions, a DEI campus plan and assessment metrics, ensure the plan is incompliance with the SUNY Diversity, Equity and Inclusion policy and other State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Coordinate the implementation of the DEI campus plan and goals assessment.
- Prepare reports on the DEI annual initiatives, goals and outcomes.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson in communicating the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as sharing the DEI plan to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate periodic assessments related to campus climate for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Engage in collegial, professional dialogue with faculty regarding the incorporation of learning materials and perspectives that are engaging for all members of a diverse student population to further enhance curriculum, academic rigor and the preparation of students to be successful in a global society.
- Develop and implement trainings, seminars, lectures, events, and discussions.
- Participate in orientation activities and Resident Assistant trainings as needed.
- Serve as a mentor to students.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the President of the College.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the review of resumes will begin August 4, 2021. The hiring salary for this part-time position is $28,300. Apply in less than 5 minutes using our Applicant Tracking System at the link below! Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references.
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
SUNY Sullivan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.