The Associate Director of Analytics and Student Experience is a key member of the leadership team of the University Career Center and will be responsible for three important functions: data analysis and assessment of the University Career Center student experience, online career resources, platforms and technology, and marketing/communications.
The Associate Director will develop and manage the process of University Career Center data collection, research, analysis and reporting. The Associate Director will utilize outcomes and appropriate assessment methods to identify strengths and areas of improvement to determine future goals. They will oversee the career outcome data collection for the University using the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) standards and protocols through Handshake in collaboration with Institutional Research and Assessment, the Registrar, Schools and Colleges within the University, and adhere to university data integrity and compliance policies and procedures. Along with other members of the Career Center team, the Associate Director will conduct evaluations and utilize various tools to assess effectiveness of department’s programs and services. They will compile, collaborate and distribute relevant data and reports to schools/colleges and units to support assessment and other university initiatives related to the University Career Center and online platforms.
The Associate Director will oversee the online user experience of the University Career Center by managing content and design and identifying and supporting opportunities to integrate online platforms with career development and employer services. They will make data-driven choices regarding the use of technology to enhance career-related online resources and platforms for students and alumni, and other stakeholders of the University Career Center. The Associate Director will have oversight for the continuing implementation and development, as well as a leading role in ongoing documentation and administration, of the student engagement platform.
The Associate Director will lead the internal and external communications efforts of the University Career Center and will supervise student interns. This team will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing, communications, and graphic design. Together, this team will create print and digital marketing materials to promote services and programs as well as effective communication methods to engage stakeholders, including students, alumni, parents, and employers. Performs other duties as assigned.Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and at least four (4) years of progressive experience in higher education administration, career services or student affairs/services. Demonstrated customer service or student engagement experience, and experience with research strategies and reporting, such as Qualtrics or similar packages along with Excel, to acquire, analyze and act upon student/customer feedback. Experience in data collection and reporting. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability in the use of career services and professional development resources, computer systems and applications.
* Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
* Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and communication methods.
* Proven ability to collect, analyze, interpret, and report on data related to career outcomes and department activity.
* Proven ability of effective written communication skills and the development of print and digital marketing materials.
* Demonstrated verbal communication skills and ability to present utilizing software such as PowerPoint, Prezi, and other relevant tools
* Demonstrated ability to partner and influence others.
* Use of effective communication methods including social networking to reach all members of the community: students, alumni, faculty, staff and employers.
* Ability to maintain the career center website.
* Ability to work nights and weekends, as necessary.Preferred:
* Experience in data collection and reporting at a higher education institution.
* Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience in online career services management platforms
* Experience in student engagement platforms
* Experience in survey tools.
* Master’s degree in a related field. Please note this position will temporarily work remotely, the duration of remote work will be at the discretion of Temple University and the department.Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Mitten Hall
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular