Support StaffPay Grade:
11Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of NursingDepartment:
Nursing 10033616Sub Area:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Administrative/Business/Professional, Health Care Support, Research/Scientific, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
The MSU College of Nursing is looking to fill the position of Research Administrator I to coordinate the grant operations of a large federally funded grant, including planning, recruitment, data collection and reporting, intervention, and follow-up. This position works closely with the Project Director, project staff, and key collaborators to meet study objectives.
- Assists in coordinating the grant activities of a large federally funded grant, including maintaining a project calendar for grant-related activity including but not limited to development of grant educational activities, recruitment of participants, coordination of team meetings, data collection, intervention, events, serve as liaison with project partners, etc. Oversees the needs of the project and consults with the Project Director on any project issues or concerns as well as planning of work. Performs and understands the duties of each area of the grant in order to assist in hiring, recruiting and training project personnel. Monitors budget including ordering supplies and equipment as needed. Maintains connections with educational consultant and monitors educational offerings on-line and in person. Includes oversight of student workers.
- Reviews the work of project personnel for accuracy, required compliance, safety regulations and protocols. Communicates with the Project Director for clarification and assists with problem solving as necessary.
- Serves as the project resource person with internal and external individuals and project activities. Communicates effectively with all project staff and partners state-wide.
- Maintains project compliance with MSU's Institutional Review Board, HIPAA, quality control procedures, data safety and monitoring plan, and project objectives/timeline.
- Compiles, records and summarizes data and participates in preparing and editing reports (periodic and scheduled), articles and manuscripts for publication.
This is an off-date position funded for one year from date of hire with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Business Administration, Finance, or a research-related field; up to six months of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in research administration in one or more of the research process areas of pre- or post-award processes, such as regulatory administration; experience in word processing, spreadsheet and database software; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. The job also requires: completion of Essentials of Research Administration (MSU certificate) or equivalent within one year of hire.
Masters degree in Nursing or health related field preferred; Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner training or experience; at least three years of relevant experience; outstanding judgment, initiative, and attention to detail; superior interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills; strong organization and problem-solving skills; experience with Institutional Review Boards and the approval process for research projects; valid driver's license to travel to project sites and off-campus meetings; proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or health related field; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in nursing with interest in sexual assault examiner training; knowledgeable about standard laboratory procedures and safety requirements and performing analytical and research techniques; knowledge of basic software such as word processing, spreadsheets, endnote, and data management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The position requires experience with inter-professional teams and team development.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Cover Letter & Resume
Please provide 3 professional references
Description of End Date
This is an off-dated position funded for one year from date of hire with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.
Bidding and Eligibility Ends on 7/20/2021 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jul 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 11, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time