Support StaffPay Grade:
10Major Administrative Unit / College:
Human Resources 10070642Sub Area:
42110.00 - 50000.00 Salary CommensurateLocation:
Administrative/Business/Professional, Human Resources, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
This is a position housed primarily on the Solutions Center customer service team that interacts independently with all HR stakeholder groups to answer questions, problem-solve and explain and educate stakeholders on requirements related to MSU policies, work rules, contracts, systems and regulations. May cross-train and work with other teams in similar complexity HR Generalist work.
- Explains and applies federal and state laws, union contracts, university policies and procedures to provide information, advice and resolve issues for major administrative units, departments, employees and retirees via phone, email and in-person consultations.
- Responds to and investigates inquiries concerning HR issues such as employment, benefits eligibility and enrollment, time, attendance and pay, retirement, and internal and external audits.
- Provides information to employees and departments about each area of HR to advise them of options, opportunities, benefits and rights.
- Performs moderately complex transactional tasks in the HR-Payroll System and/or Applicant Tracking System or other HR systems by applying business rules, data rules, payroll processing rules, policies and union contractual requirements.
- Reviews HR transactions regarding benefits eligibility and enrollment, compensation, employment and retirement.
- Maintains HR databases and other types of HR records including employee records in the HR/Payroll system, job posting records in the applicant tracking system, criminal background check information in relevant systems, compliance information in Equifax and other HR records in relevant systems.
- Performs research, special project support, outreach and education functions. Prioritizes, manages, and processes department requests in accordance with payroll schedules. Other HR-related duties as assigned.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in human resources, a related social science field, business or a related field; six months to one year of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in human resources; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are seeking adaptable, deadline-oriented and self-motivated professionals with excellent customer service skills and a strong customer service orientation with at least six months experience working in an HR-specific role. Substantial knowledge or experience using some of the HR-related systems currently used by MSU Human Resources is strongly desired but not required (SAP/EBS, PageUp, Equifax, HireRight, Image Now, I-Chat); familiarity with MSU employment policies and contracts also is desired; ability to learn quickly and strong team orientation desired; HR-specific degree and/or certifications desired but not required (CHRS, PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Please submit resume and cover letter. References not initially required but will be requested for candidates at the finalist stage.
Bidding eligibility ends on 7/20/2021 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jul 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 27, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time