Support StaffPay Grade:
13Major Administrative Unit / College:
Intercollegiate Athletics 10070478Sub Area:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Athletics/Recreation, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
The Spartan Vision Digital Producer will serve as a producer for Spartans All-Access; in addition create journalistic, marketing, publicity, highlight and creative content for Michigan State Athletic properties. This position is part of Spartan Vision, the strategic content creation and brand development team of Michigan State Athletics. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Co-Produce/Direct/Edit weekly docuseries, ‘Spartans All-Access’
- Edit recaps, highlights, press conferences and player features
- Assist producers (conceptualize, shoot, write, edit) in creating content for Michigan State Athletics’ various entities.
- Work with and assist in training students to work in the post-production field
- Provide insight to advance department with emerging trends in social, digital media and in-venue entertainment
- Fill network, local and internal footage requests
- Meet quick turnarounds to post high quality videos on same day(s) that event(s) occur
- Ensure consistency in brand guidelines and messaging related to all content produced
- Occasional team or production related travel throughout the year is required
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Television Production or Telecommunications; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in studio and remote television production, editing and the use of related television equipment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in video production or journalism; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience editing and working with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with a high attention to detail, ethical standards, integrity, professionalism, politeness and courteousness.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays (non-standard work schedule)
- Team-oriented individual with strong problem-solving skills
- Skilled in recording and encoding various formats of audio and video
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift heavy equipment and materials weighing up to 40 lbs, and work in tight or confining spaces.
- Previous social media and journalism experience
- Highly proficient with PC platform
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Please include a portfolio showcasing your work
This position requires a portfolio to be submitted with it. Please send to [email protected] after you apply, or include in your application materials.
Will include nights and weekends
Summary of Physical Demands
Ability to lift heavy video equipment
Bidding eligibility ends 7/20/2021, at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jul 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 27, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time