Support StaffPay Grade:
14Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of EngineeringDepartment:
Engineering Dean 10016256Sub Area:
APSA- Pro SupervisorySalary:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Administrative/Business/Professional, Professional Supervisory- APSA, Full Time (90-100%), Union
Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean, the Director of Facilities and Planning serves the College of Engineering community in terms of planning and operational oversight of College facilities, as well as other College administrative operations. Space allocation is one of the primary responsibilities of the Management Analyst. This includes interfacing with each department by prioritizing requests, maintaining an accurate database of vacant and available spaces, and coordinating the proposed allocation with Engineering senior leadership. This position will also be responsible for data review and creation of long-term strategic planning for the college. This strategic planning must be based on the needs and growth of the departments while also balancing the mission of the college. The Management Analyst will also develop policies and workflow processes to implement these plans.
- Collaborate college-wide to ensure stakeholder facility and space needs are being met, college goals are achieved, and that projects support compliance and aspirational efforts associated with accessibility, diversity, and inclusion.
- Lead efforts for college facilities strategic planning, including stakeholder engagement to ensure a collaborative planning effort to help the Dean and senior leadership create a planning framework for college long-range goals.
- Record and analyze space requests from departments/units. Perform test fit analysis and prepare recommendations for college leadership.
- Create and administer policies and programs as well as databases required to develop and maintain accurate space and planning.
- Develop preliminary space and furniture layout plans for office and accessory spaces.
- Coordinate with IPF for new construction and renovations.
- Establishing a comprehensive space planning program to assure effective utilization of Engineering facilities consistent with the concept of quality for the intended use.
- Prepare a variety of planning, space utilization and project reports to inform senior leadership of renovation or repairs, and to support related decisions to best position the College’s physical assets to meet future programmatic needs.
- Provide oversight on special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Accounting, Business, Human Resources or a STEM related field as this will enable the successful candidate to understand the complex needs of facilities and space as it relates to STEM research needs; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive experience in a setting which corresponds to the department of employment and including planning, accounting, finance, budget development and administration and application of information systems and technology; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired QualificationsWorking knowledge of general higher education planning principles.Comprehensive knowledge of, and significant experience with, all phases of facilities planning and design.Demonstrated commitment to accessibility and inclusion.Knowledge of accessibility issues and planning mechanisms specific to the ADA and Universal Design Principles.Demonstrated patience, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure as well as a strong personal ethics commitment. Exceptional communication skills, interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and the ability to work collaboratively and build trusted relationships with diverse internal and external constituencies.Possess strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills to manage complex tasks and/or those that require the balance of competing interests.Extensive leadership and team-building skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, while also exhibiting consistent professional judgement, excellent organizational, and delegation skills.Champion of a responsive staff that embraces a culture of continuous improvement, self-assessment, and accountability.Demonstrated commitment to data-driven decision making and the use of key performance indicators in the execution of responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
For full consideration, applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Bidding eligibility ends 7/20/2021, at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jul 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 27, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time