Support StaffPay Grade:
00Major Administrative Unit / College:
College Of Agriculture And Nat ResourcesDepartment:
Kellogg Biological Station Ag Nat Res 10002500Sub Area:
1585- Service Maint.Salary:
Pay Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a temporary or on-call position. Provides food service, custodial, general labor or maintenance support for departments located off-campus (outside of the Greater Lansing area) Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between and at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call. On-Call allowed to work 1039 hours in any twelve (12) month period.
Unit Position Summary
Perform related duties as assigned including, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Perform routine domestic cleaning such as making beds, cleaning guest rooms, rest rooms, and public areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes, glassware, utensils and pots and pans.
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen areas, including ranges, counters, tables, ovens and refrigerators.
- Sweeps, mops and sanitizes floors of kitchen and related areas.
- Vacuums areas as needed.
- Assists in carrying food supplies to and from storage areas.
- Assists with food and beverage production and preparation.
- Assists with setting up banquet areas.
- Empties trash receptacles, cleaning and sanitizing according to prescribed standards.
This position requires, or will require prior to the completion of the probationary period: knowledge of basic personal computer terminology and operations, and the ability to use e-mail and the Internet.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Cover letter optional
Summary of Physical Demands
Frequent lifting over 45 pounds
Advertised: Jul 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 31, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time