Support StaffPay Grade:
12Major Administrative Unit / College:
Information Technology ServicesDepartment:
Msu It Client Experience 40000843Sub Area:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Information Technology, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
Provide front-line operational coordination for the workstation and mobility services (WMS) function responsible for workstation setup, support and decommission. Acts as a peer leader to improve processes, coordinate and direct work or peers within a team, triage incoming customer requests, and handle customer escalations.
MSU Information Technology provides the primary leadership for strategic, financial, and policy initiatives affecting information technology (IT) across MSU. MSU IT offers technology resources that support MSU’s mission of providing education, conducting research, and advancing engagement.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) are essential elements, vital to the culture MSU Information Technology endeavors to cultivate. This includes providing opportunities and access for all people which incorporate differences of race, age, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, migratory status, disability/abilities, political affiliation, veteran status and socioeconomic background.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with vendors
- Experience managing workstations in a complex environment (both Windows and iOS)
- Exceptional customer service values and skills, including ability to successfully resolve conflict constructively and to maintain positive relationships with executive sponsors or customer groups
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to isolate, analyst, describe and resolve complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
- Curiosity in new and emerging technologies
- ITL certification preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Please submit a resume, cover letter and at least 3 professional references.
Bidding eligibility ends 7/20/2021, at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jul 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 27, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time