Support StaffPay Grade:
12Major Administrative Unit / College:
Mktg, Public Rel, And Digital Strategy 10063701Sub Area:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
PR/Media/Graphics/Comm/Fund Raising, Administrative Professionals- AP, Full Time (90-100%), Union
Assistant Producer, Videographer, Editor
The Assistant Producer, Videographer and Editor is a visual storyteller who helps grow, engage and sustain audiences for MSU’s brand story. Works independently and in teams to produce, write, research, direct, shoot and/or edit video and other visual content for online digital distribution channels; directs productions and handles technical aspects of programming for institutional-level University Communications and campus community content.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces, writes, researches, directs, shoots and/or edits content to be used in MSU’s online digital channels and national broadcasts and to support national media outreach.
- Interviews program guests in order to produce programs or segments of programs.
- Works with producer(s) and confers with faculty, staff, alumni and students in order to assist in the design and development of digital content.
- Develops and writes production scripts and storyboards.
- Designs lighting setup and captures audio necessary to produce nationally competitive, digital content.
- Delivers and customizes video content in multiple formats and for multiple audiences customized for specific channels.
- Maintains archiving system and contributes to ongoing file management for all institutional programming and related content.
- Ensures content adheres to campus-wide accessibility standards.
- Assists in providing instruction in digital content production and design to student interns and employees.
- Stays current with national video trends, videography equipment and non-linear editing software.
- Travels to domestic and international locations if needed for production
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge normally acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Television Production, Broadcast Journalism or Communications; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in studio and remote television production, directing, editing and the use of related television equipment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three to five years of progressively responsible or expansive professional experience in remote and studio production of media for television; AVID and/or Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop and related graphics proficiency required at a national broadcast standards level; significant production experience in studio and remote locations; experience producing HD programming; knowledge of and experience with digital still photography; ability to work independently, to write and edit scripts and to interview subjects for appearance on television; expertise in the selection, use and maintenance of the equipment and techniques necessary to produce nationally competitive, high-quality digital programming.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
3 Professional References
Personal Portfolio and any other related content of previous experience.
Bidding eligibility ends 7/20/2021, at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Jul 14, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Aug 3, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time