Position Title:Special Education: Visiting Assistant Professor - Fall 2021 Job Category:Faculty Department:Special Education - 2010130 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Letter of Recommendation from App, Unofficial Transcript 1, Unofficial Transcript 2 Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Description:The School of Education at Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor of Special Education. GGC’s School of Education offers bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Elementary Education and Middle Grades Education along with collaborative degree programs with teacher certification through the School of Liberal Arts and the School of Science & Technology in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, History and Political Science. Responsibilities associated with the position include internship supervision and teaching undergraduate courses in special education. Other responsibilities may include teaching in the elementary or middle grades education programs, advising or student mentoring, participating in school/college/community service, and serving on school or college committees. In accordance with Board of Regents Policy governing GGC faculty, successful applicants will be eligible to receive a one-year appointment. For more information about our college, please visit our website at www.ggc.edu. Salary
Commensurate with education and experience. Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:Minimum
- Doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D) in Special Education, Education, or closely related field with at least 18 graduate hours in the field of special education.
- Must have at least three (3) years of K-12 experience directly teaching students with exceptionalities.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Candidates who have backgrounds in elementary education or middle grades education in addition to experience in special education encouraged to apply.
- A strong background that demonstrates professional collaboration and collegiality is required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to excellence in education programs, teaching, service, research, effective student advisement, and mentoring.
- A commitment to improving the lives of students with special needs.
- Willingness to teach courses during the day, night or on Saturday.
Applicants should submit a cover letter addressing their qualifications, a curriculum vitae, and a list of 5 references including former supervisors. Preferred
- Preference will be given to candidate with qualifications in Special Education
Position Disclosure:Physical Requirements
Position requires local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions. Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Georgia is an open records state. Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt