Position Title:Director of Nursing Opened Date:06/18/2021 Job Category:Faculty Department:Nursing - 2510100 Division:Academic Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy, Unofficial Transcript 1, Unofficial Transcript 2 Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Description:Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Nursing in the School of Health Sciences. Reporting to the Dean of Health Sciences, the Director will be responsible for collaborating with the Dean to maintain regulation standards and accreditation associated with the School of Nursing. The Director will provide the academic and administrative leadership required to achieve the highest standards of excellence in teaching, student engagement, research, and service, as well as faculty and student development within the School and College. Responsibilities:
- Administer, oversight of day to day operations for Nursing Programs.
- Execute the nursing program Master Plan in collaboration with communities of interest.
- Prepare regulation and accreditation reports for the nursing program.
- Manage recruitment, retention and evaluation methods of part time faculty.
- Gather and analyze program data for annual report and achievement of program goals and student learning outcomes.
- Maintain clinical placement contracts for nursing program.
- Counsel and advise students on related issues for achievement of student learning outcomes and program goals.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience. Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:Minimum
- Graduate degree in Nursing required
- 8 years in general nursing, including 3 years in management
- Excellent academic credentials in teaching, scholarship, and service
- Established record of leadership in nursing education; Department Chair, Program Director or Associate/Assistant Dean
- Current Georgia Nursing License in good standing with Georgia Board of Nursing
- A strong commitment to diversity and shared governance
- Experience working with clinical site partners, regulator and accreditation agencies
- Effective and caring communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Position Disclosure:Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Georgia is an open records state. Physical Requirements
Position requires local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Job takes place in normal environmental conditions. Work Hours:Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt