Federal Work Study - Customer Care Agent Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
This position will provide professional user friendly accurate and real time information to a diverse audience supporting current and prospective students. The primary offices served will be Admissions Registrar/Records and Student Financial Aid. The Customer Care Center will provide information for these offices resolve issues and/or create call back tickets for follow-up. Duties will include managing inbound /outbound calls and written communication (email and chat). This position will require time on the phone and will be measured by various metrics including resolution time and customer satisfaction.
- Focus will be on answering and responding to inbound calls, emails, and chat responses
- Tracking inquiries via CRM system
- Help maintain documentation for Customer Care team
- Must maintain a current working knowledge of Enrollment Service policies
- Completes special projects and duties assigned by Customer Care Manager in a timely manner
- Speak clearly, offer office identity and a spirit of assistance
- Remain up to date regarding policies, calendar, deadlines, directions, etc
- Participate in ongoing training
- Must be punctual and present on a daily basis
- Attend meetings as necessary for the position
- Other duties as assigned by Customer Care Manager
- Must have Federal Work Study award
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good standing for the duration of employment
- Must be in good standing with the Office of Student Integrity and maintain good standing for the duration of employment
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Strong analytical and customer service skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills and the use of a fax machine, copier and printer are a plus.
- Knowledge of databases and how they work.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]